Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Pink Panthers are up 9 at Michigan at the half

He got a lot of hype, simply for being a brand name, but it makes you question whether Juwan Howard can coach with the talent on that team and how poorly they are playing. Schools like them and Memphis sell their souls to get a “cool” coach that can recruit top talent because of their NBA connections, but it takes X’s and O’s as well as Jimmy’s and Joe’s. 

He got a lot of hype, simply for being a brand name, but it makes you question whether Juwan Howard can coach with the talent on that team and how poorly they are playing. Schools like them and Memphis sell their souls to get a “cool” coach that can recruit top talent because of their NBA connections, but it takes X’s and O’s as well as Jimmy’s and Joe’s. 

Howard lead under one of the best coaches on the planet in Eric Spoelstra at Miami. It’s going to take him a couple years. If Archie gets 4-5 years, then so does Howard. And he’s never even coached at the collegiate level. Or been a head coach period. It’ll be interesting to see how he adapts over the next couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Starting to be able to scratch and Michigan and Purdue from the NCAA tourney. NIT could be interesting this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Purdue probably.

But Michigan’s schedule is rather favorable over the next month. Obviously they can’t keep playing the way they have, but it’s still too early to start scratching them from the tourney.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Starting to be able to scratch and Michigan and Purdue from the NCAA tourney. NIT could be interesting this season.

There’s a big difference between them:

Michigan is temporarily without Livers, who’s arguably their best all around player.

Purdue is 10-9 with a full roster.

There’s a big difference between them:
Michigan is temporarily without Livers, who’s arguably their best all around player.
Purdue is 10-9 with a full roster.

Keep losing and it doesn’t matter who was injured. They still have to find 6 more wins just to get to 8-12 in conference. The committee might say they don’t look at conference record or overall record... but I don’t think they’ll look at any team that is 7-13 in conference. They had a great non conference. Not good good enough to carry a 6 game below .500 record into the tourney. 8-12 in conference puts them at 18-14 overall. Likely gets them in or at least strongly on the bubble. 8, 9, 10 wins will be a magic number for a few teams in the Big Ten this year.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fran just got a T to end the first half. Stu post the Fran con picture lol. Rutgers up 4 at half and will get 2 shots to start the second half

Rugers is up 5, don't sell them short. And Fransanity is looking like Harry Caray more and more by the game.

Oh and Tulsa lead the Almighty Memphis 40-17 at the half.

21 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

McCormack deserved at least five.

If the university has any decency, they will add on to the Big 12’s penalties and sit McCormack an additional amount of time. But they won’t. Self and his adidas-run program’s true colors are slowly starting to show. They don’t care how it gets done, or what kind of players it takes. They’re about winning whatever it takes. Sad. 

Looking like there will be 25 1-bid conferences this season. Just with how it’s looking right now. Teams “in” for each conference.
Only conferences with the possibility of two getting in would be the WCC if Gonzaga lost in the their conference tourney and the MWC is SDSU loses in theirs.

That leaves 43 at large bids between the AAC, ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC.