Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I like the Lickliter hire. He's not a "splash" like Walter but he's probably a better X's and O's kind of guy. Keep him a few years and let him build with the players that knew him. 

Agree, he’s a great choice to try and provide some stability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

07151890-3cbd-11ea-a9b3-ef16dcc9fcdb.thumb.jpg.9702609b7a62c10dd6903308a9ebc89f.jpg

Dickie V just said on ESPN that he would be shocked if DeSousa ever puts on a college jersey ever again. Don’t often agree with Dukie V much anymore these days, but in this case he’s right. It’s a privilege to play college athletics, and no matter how emotional the game gets, that kind of behavior is not acceptable. I think #33 should be done too. Not as noticeable, but you can see him trying to stomp on a guy on the ground back against the wall at one point. Classless. Kansas’ program has a stench about it, and I think it starts from the top down.  

Edit: #33 is David McCormack

Edited by JerryYeagley23

The game of college basketball or any sport can get emotional and irrational actions occur.  However, if it runs through your mind to pick up a chair to hurt someone there is no place in the college game for you.  Kansas has been a dirty program for decades and they've mostly gotten away with it recently.  I hope that program burns.

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Wowww. Just watched the whole Kansas brawl posted on ESPN. If Bill Self doesn’t suspend DeSousa and whoever #33 is for the rest of the season, the Kansas fans should call for him to be fired. Honestly, if they are representing your university and/or your alma mater across their chest acting like that... nope. If a coach lets them back on the team I wouldn’t want any part of supporting that team. 

I visited a couple of Kansas boards and they seem intent on blaming Kansas State somehow.

Idiots.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Kansas has been a dirty program for decades and they've mostly gotten away with it recently.  I hope that program burns.

Kansas is such a weird program. Their fans think they somehow own the rights to the game of basketball.

I visited a couple of Kansas boards and they seem intent on blaming Kansas State somehow. Idiots.

I have a good friend who lives in Lawrence and he says everyone knows the program is rotten and the players are really living the life over there, but that the fans just knowingly live in denial.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

KState player had every right to steal it. Kansas should have just let them score unless they had bets on the game.

KState is fine to keep playing but Kansas needs to stop after the steal? Okay sure, that makes sense. 

Just let the kid dribble the clock out like any normal player does in that scenario.

KState is fine to keep playing but Kansas needs to stop after the steal? Okay sure, that makes sense. 

Just let the kid dribble the clock out like any normal player does in that scenario.

You’re up 22. If that kid wants to go score and make it 20 then so be it. Kansas player just got mad the kid stole it. NBA players are the same way. Get all pissy about crap like that. Things that won’t change the game.

9 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sure he shouldn't of done it. But it shouldn't had led to the taunting or the melee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1) The steal: not smart, but not as egregious as its made out to be (worse if you are winning and you try to score) 2) The block, absolutely okay, great play and evened out the "disrespect" of the steal 3) Standing over the guy, which is universally a sign of disrespect and dominance over someone...not okay, and escalated the situation. 

You felt disrespected, you got the block, great. Move on...I personally think this is partially on the refs/NCAA letting celebrations get a little out of hand. I understand you want to play with passion, but the flexing after scoring, putting your hand down to the ground signify someone is too small to guard you in the post, etc. all adds to fires like this. Maybe I am old haha. 

All around a sad scene. 

I live in Evansville. That is one of the many rumors. I've heard that and I've also heard nasty screen shots of messages have been going around of coach. Bottom line is he put himself in a situation and was warned. University had no choice. IU is always my #1 team but the Aces have been right behind for years. This is really dissapointing and a major blow to the city. I went to a majority of the home games this year. The crowds were the best they have been in over 20 years. The city backed this team. Walter was the right guy for the program. They got a little more hype than they should have because they beat Kentucky. They weren't an NCAA Tournament team just yet but they were close. Now, they will most likely start all over unless they hire someone the players would all love. 

That’s a shame. I was hoping McCarty would turn things around for U of E.