Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Here is the sequence at the end of the Kansas/Kansas St game:  

Kansas up 81-59 and brings the ball across halfcourt with about 8 seconds left looking to just dribble the clock out.  Kansas State player steals the ball and goes in for a layup....gets fouled very hard by a Kansas player (should have been flagrant IMO) who then proceeds to stand over him and talk ****.  That's when hell broke loose.  I couldn't tell from the film if the player who committed the hard foul to begin with was De Sousa.

It was an incredibly stupid reaction to begin with......K State could have let the clock run out but Jesus Christ, he's under no obligation to.  And it wasn't like he was taking swipes at the Kansas player trying to make unnecessary contact at the end....the Kansas player played loose with the ball, K State player stole it and was going to score a meaningless basket and Kansas for some reason thought it was somehow a big deal.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Here is the sequence at the end of the Kansas/Kansas St game:  

Kansas up 81-59 and brings the ball across halfcourt with about 8 seconds left looking to just dribble the clock out.  Kansas State player steals the ball and goes in for a layup....gets fouled very hard by a Kansas player (should have been flagrant IMO) who then proceeds to stand over him and talk ****.  That's when hell broke loose.  I couldn't tell from the film if the player who committed the hard foul to begin with was De Sousa.

It was an incredibly stupid reaction to begin with......K State could have let the clock run out but Jesus Christ, he's under no obligation to.  And it wasn't like he was taking swipes at the Kansas player trying to make unnecessary contact at the end....the Kansas player played loose with the ball, K State player stole it and was going to score a meaningless basket and Kansas for some reason thought it was somehow a big deal.

Yea it was a ridiculous reaction up 20

Wowww. Just watched the whole Kansas brawl posted on ESPN. If Bill Self doesn’t suspend DeSousa and whoever #33 is for the rest of the season, the Kansas fans should call for him to be fired. Honestly, if they are representing your university and/or your alma mater across their chest acting like that... nope. If a coach lets them back on the team I wouldn’t want any part of supporting that team. 

Edited by JerryYeagley23

52 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

I doubt a 10-9 Purdue will be #17 in kenpom after this game.  

Holy hell they fell to #27. Al Gorithm is finally not accounting for Carsen's 25 shots/game anymore.

The problem is 1 of them is Dosunmu, and he’ll be replaced by Adam Miler, who’s better. People have been kicking Underwood around on this board for a couple of years. Deeply stupid. The guy’s terrific. Dakich just mentioned the adjustments he’s made to his aggressive denial defense. But he’s also worked a ton of ball screen action into his spread offense and is creating post chances for Cockburn that weren’t part of it before. Illinois’s going to be a problem going forward. 

Completely agree, just wanted to point out that Dosunmo hasn’t been playing this well all year and if he decides to stay many expect Miller to reopen his recruitment. Unlikely that Ayo returns but worth thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Haven’t seen this anywhere else but Walter McCarty was fired from Evansville today. Hearing that he knocked up a cheerleader and that’s why ?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I live in Evansville. That is one of the many rumors. I've heard that and I've also heard nasty screen shots of messages have been going around of coach. Bottom line is he put himself in a situation and was warned. University had no choice. IU is always my #1 team but the Aces have been right behind for years. This is really dissapointing and a major blow to the city. I went to a majority of the home games this year. The crowds were the best they have been in over 20 years. The city backed this team. Walter was the right guy for the program. They got a little more hype than they should have because they beat Kentucky. They weren't an NCAA Tournament team just yet but they were close. Now, they will most likely start all over unless they hire someone the players would all love. 

I live in Evansville. That is one of the many rumors. I've heard that and I've also heard nasty screen shots of messages have been going around of coach. Bottom line is he put himself in a situation and was warned. University had no choice. IU is always my #1 team but the Aces have been right behind for years. This is really dissapointing and a major blow to the city. I went to a majority of the home games this year. The crowds were the best they have been in over 20 years. The city backed this team. Walter was the right guy for the program. They got a little more hype than they should have because they beat Kentucky. They weren't an NCAA Tournament team just yet but they were close. Now, they will most likely start all over unless they hire someone the players would all love. 

I live in Evansville too and you’re right. He had the city excited again and the Aces headed in the right direction. Sadly, this probably puts the program back a few steps all over selfish, idiotic choices he made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Is this true? I read Bennie Seltzer was taking over as interim. 

It was just announced. Like minutes ago. Good hire. Todd knows the players. Bennie is a great guy (we all know this from his time at IU) but he did not know this team. In fact, he took Todd's spot when he retired in August. 

5 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I live in Evansville too and you’re right. He had the city excited again and the Aces headed in the right direction. Sadly, this probably puts the program back a few steps all over selfish, idiotic choices he made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Lickliter hire. He's not a "splash" like Walter but he's probably a better X's and O's kind of guy. Keep him a few years and let him build with the players that knew him.