Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Dakich, who's the color man in West Lafayette for Toiletmaker-Illinois game: "I love this crowd. To me, this is the best place in college basketball." 
OK, Danny boy -- whatever you say. 

The best place in college basketball....to pee on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man, NW beating up on Maryland at the half. There just aren’t any easy road games in the B1G. Even at the bottom. It kind of stinks that the conference is so balanced, because it seems like it’s costing the teams a few seed lines in bracket projections. Yeah, you get more numbers into the field, but because of the losses being spread around, we’re looking at a lot of 6-9 seeds when if the bottom of the conference was weaker, the records might support some 3-5 seeds for the same teams. 

Man, NW beating up on Maryland at the half. There just aren’t any easy road games in the B1G. Even at the bottom. It kind of stinks that the conference is so balanced, because it seems like it’s costing the teams a few seed lines in bracket projections. Yeah, you get more numbers into the field, but because of the losses being spread around, we’re looking at a lot of 6-9 seeds when if the bottom of the conference was weaker, the records might support some 3-5 seeds for the same teams. 

It is what it is though. B1G is largely strong bottom to top but we don’t have elite teams imo, otherwise they would stand out and win more games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Haven’t seen this anywhere else but Walter McCarty was fired from Evansville today. Hearing that he knocked up a cheerleader and that’s why ?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Dang well there goes the Disney movie season. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Purdue gonna drop a home game to Illinois.

Cockburn, Dosumnu, Frazier, Beghilvilli. Preseason hype on Illinois seems sane.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Awesome. Think this makes the tourney just too difficult for Purdue. Needed to protect home and win a game or 2 on the road. 

Illinois is legit for sure 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Purdue gonna drop a home game to Illinois.

Cockburn, Dosumnu, Frazier, Beghilvilli. Preseason hype on Illinois seems sane.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If Purdue comes back and wins, I'm blaming you.  Down 12, but still over 10 minutes left.

Two notes on the Illinois/Purdue game:

Purdue has now played 70 minutes of basketball against Illinois and been outscored 120 to 80.

Alan Griffin was ejected earlier for stepping on a Purdue player.  No word whether the ejection was for stepping on the player or wiping the $hit off his shoes on the court afterwards.

2 guys imo have a chance to go.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Ayo is gone after this year. I’m surprised he came back for another year. They have definitely improved from the beginning of the season. Nicholls took them to OT and they have lost to Missouri and Miami beat them in Illinois. Ayo has saved them late in the last 3 games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app