Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The whole, “get old, stay old” thing has become a little overrrated to me, though I don’t completely disagree with the concept. But the current defending national champions would probably be the 12th best team in the Big 10 this year. And their top 2 scorers are seniors. I’m fine with getting/staying old, just sayin’ you better get/stay talented while your at it, 

Plenty of different ways programs can get it done. Get old Stay old is one of them. Key to doing that way is to get old, Stay old and players get better each year. Teams that in some form fit that profile this year would be Baylor, Kansas, Dayton, Butler, Michigan St, and Louisville and many others but these teams are all in conversion for high seeds.
Talent comes in many forms

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Weren’t their best players all juniors last year that left the team though. 

Yea. There isn’t exactly one way only to get things done. But you have to have talent. And I would say you have to have Top 50 talent leading the team to win a national title.

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Weren’t their best players all juniors last year that left the team though. 

Hunter was a Soph. Jerome and Guy were Jrs. And now they’re all in the League. I’m not bashing the idea of experienced kids. My favorite college player is a Sr(Winston). I just think the talent on a roster is ultimately more important than the experience on it. Now if you find really talented kids who hang  for 3 or 4 years, so much the better. I just don’t see experience as an end. I do see top level talent as an end. 

Didn’t really know where to post this so just decided this was the most generic that would work.

I’ll be at the MSU game Thursday, wondering if there’s any new restaurants to grab dinner beforehand or just stick to something like Malibu or Jankos.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Didn’t really know where to post this so just decided this was the most generic that would work.

I’ll be at the MSU game Thursday, wondering if there’s any new restaurants to grab dinner beforehand or just stick to something like Malibu or Jankos.

Tons of options...some new depending on your last visit. On the square, The Tap (awesome beers, food is great...fire cracker shrimp, burgers, etc.), Social Cantina (a la carte tacos, Margs), Smokeworks (Texas style barbeque and bourbon bar). Can't go wrong with either of those three. Plenty of really good options on the square. 

My favorite restaurant in Bloomington is Upland. Local brewery with really good food and beer. I also really like Farm, but it is a little pricier than the other options mentioned above. 

Tons of options...some new depending on your last visit. On the square, The Tap (awesome beers, food is great...fire cracker shrimp, burgers, etc.), Social Cantina (a la carte tacos, Margs), Smokeworks (Texas style barbeque and bourbon bar). Can't go wrong with either of those three. Plenty of really good options on the square. 
My favorite restaurant in Bloomington is Upland. Local brewery with really good food and beer. I also really like Farm, but it is a little pricier than the other options mentioned above. 

I’ll check them out, thanks!

Indiana has moved back to #50 in the NET rankings. Nebraska has moved back to #170 which pushed the home win over them to a Q4 win. Northwestern and Louisiana Tech are both Q3 wins. Notre Dame and UConn are still Q2 and Florida State and Ohio State are still Q1.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Indiana has moved back to #50 in the NET rankings. Nebraska has moved back to #170 which pushed the home win over them to a Q4 win. Northwestern and Louisiana Tech are both Q3 wins. Notre Dame and UConn are still Q2 and Florida State and Ohio State are still Q1.

Which is really weird because currently I might take La Tech even money against OSU on a neutral court.

Which is really weird because currently I might take La Tech even money against OSU on a neutral court.

In their league they have no margin of error when it comes to losses. The only other team in conference USA in the NET top 100 is North Texas and north Texas won at LA Tech on a last second layup(quad 3 loss). They also lost on the road to UTSA and Sam Houston ST. Here is where unbalanced schedules in small conferences stink. LA Tech doesn’t get a chance to win @ North Texas because they don’t play. I think La Tech is a good team but they will have 0 shot at an at large bid

IU moved back because some teams that were behind them made big jumps with impressive wins while they sat idle with no games. Houston jumped 22 spots after winning at Wichita St. IU wins against michigan St and they will probably jump 15-20 spots.

The overall NET number is just used as a sorting tool to group teams together. The body of work in the team sheet is what really tells the story

57 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Purdue lost by 26 at Illinois, scored 37 points in that game and is favored in tonight's matchup by 5.5. Homecourt in the Big Ten, baby! 

How shocked would anybody really be if the refs jumped up and blocked a shot at this point.