Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Wow. Rutgers is just smothering Minn defensively right now. Given up 5 pts in the last 9 mins. They rotate like an instructional video. Best D in the conference. But, yeah, losing on the road to these guys was a hideous loss. ‘Cause, ya know, Rutgers.

It was hideous because we hit a total of two shots outside the paint, not because we lost to a decent Rutgers team.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Brooks dad wants to fake a bad cough so Brooks can transfer without sitting a year I will gladly play along 

Think the tweet goes pretty damn overboard.  He was 5 of 21 from the floor in his last seven games and then goes 3 of 4 and now he's a 'big part of a March run'?  Not strange that the same tweet wasn't put up after his last game when he went 0 of 5 from the field.

I certainly like Brooks and would like to have had him for two to three years, but I don't see how he really goes very far in solving our current issues.  Last three point shot he made was on December 7th.  Everything that Brooks is best at are items that our team does decently:  athletic, good defense, rebounds well.  I'd love to have him because he's certainly another option and better than our bench wings, but calling him a big part of a March run after a pretty good game is hyperbole IMO.

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Kenpom loves him some Boilers. Purdue still at #17 with 8 losses. You have to go all the way down to #63 before you find the next team with more than 7. 

Having them at 17 does seem crazy. 
The NET rankings are the most important, from a tourney perspective, and NET has PU 35th and IU is currently 49th. We have a lot of opportunities to move up over the next few weeks.

Fair question: does anyone think Archie would take Keion if he did transfer?

I would say that he probably wouldn’t based solely on Archie’s relationship with Calipari. A phone call would probably happen and Cal would give Archie the skinny from his perspective and Archie would likely take a hard pass based on Cal’s comments.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Soooo...
Calipari gets tossed in the second half yesterday. UK assistant Kenny Payne takes the reigns and leaves Keion Brooks in. Brooks plays well thereafter.
The interesting part? Post game tweet from Brooks’s AAU coach ripping Calipari:
EOpfXIPWsAIGgAE?format=jpg%26name=large&key=56270556981071bc9a3efa26794b229e83c7860b36e6e0a35cdb17cc1569066c

I’m surprised Payne hasn’t left for another job yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO the bridges are burned with respect to Brooks.

I got a bad taste in my mouth when KBJ had that issue with "FW North" his Jr. year.  Following year he transfers to LaLu and the North HC leaves.  Then "Baby Brooks" ends up at New Haven High.  Bad taste in my mouth for sure.  Wish the kid well...but I don't want him.