Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea because I’m the only one who thinks Big Ten basketball is bad basketball... sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't often agree with you (which is fine because we all have opinions) but B1G basketball is on the verge of becoming unwatchable for me. It encourages a style of play that I don't really care for. I blame coaches who like to 'practice with pads' to simulate physical play in the post for the officiating problems. It can't be fun to play that way.

I don't often agree with you (which is fine because we all have opinions) but B1G basketball is on the verge of becoming unwatchable for me. It encourages a style of play that I don't really care for. I blame coaches who like to 'practice with pads' to simulate physical play in the post for the officiating problems. It can't be fun to play that way.

I’m sure it has hurt the conferences recruiting. Why come to the Big Ten when you can go to the ACC or something and the refs actually call hand checking and tackling? If you’re a big time guard, this conference just isn’t for you. Even spacing hasn’t been great in the Big Ten this season. Seems every team is just packed in right. Watching other conferences and it seems like there is so much more space for guys to move. B1G is going to have to get control of the officiating eventually or else the conference is going to go downhill.

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’m sure it has hurt the conferences recruiting. Why come to the Big Ten when you can go to the ACC or something and the refs actually call hand checking and tackling? If you’re a big time guard, this conference just isn’t for you. Even spacing hasn’t been great in the Big Ten this season. Seems every team is just packed in right. Watching other conferences and it seems like there is so much more space for guys to move. B1G is going to have to get control of the officiating eventually or else the conference is going to go downhill.

B1G is by far the worst but Im not super impressed with the college game in general anymore. You see so many kids blossom even as rookies at the next level.

B1G is by far the worst but Im not super impressed with the college game in general anymore. You see so many kids blossom even as rookies at the next level.

There are just so many kids leaving early now. Even if they aren’t going to get drafted. It’s definitely hurt the college game. Used to if you were a lottery pick you were guaranteed to leave. Now if you’re a late 1st/early 2nd you leave.

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I will say purdue is playing better than us right now. Only down 6 at Maryland with just under 4 to go

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Purdue is 3-4 conference including a loss to Nebraska, 10-8 overall.

They can’t score much. They’re just. Okay.

At best.