Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I get that. It's been repeated on this board countless times. I saw multiple comments about how "horrible" this Wisconsin team was at the time. I think some of our fans have gotten so sick of them winning and beating/outperforming us every year they just wanted to believe Wisconsin was finally bad, and they're still not. 

I get what you are saying. Wisconsin isn’t a bad team but in all fairness, they are compared to Wisconsin teams of the past 10 years. This years team is improving and may end up really good but they don’t have the typical pieces they usually do

Point being, while still a difficult place to play, it’s no longer an impossible feat to win at the Kohl center.

There is still no excuse for getting blown out of the gym no matter whether they are good or bad

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I get what you are saying. Wisconsin isn’t a bad team but in all fairness, they are compared to Wisconsin teams of the past 10 years. This years team is improving and may end up really good but they don’t have the typical pieces they usually do

Point being, while still a difficult place to play, it’s no longer an impossible feat to win at the Kohl center.

There is still no excuse for getting blown out of the gym no matter whether they are good or bad

I don’t think Wisconsin is that good this year. For whatever reason Big Ten teams are too stupid to beat them and the Big Ten officials definitely help. I don’t think there is a team who has been helped by the refs more than Wisconsin. Their big men might be the biggest pansies on the planet but they get all they could ever want. Gard isn’t a good coach and he’s an awful recruiter. Eventually Big Ten might figure out how to play and the Big Ten will finally get their heads out of their butts with the terrible officiating in this conference.

South Carolina misses 2 FTs. Kentucky ball down 2 with 11 sec to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol. Kentucky ties it up and South Carolina banks in a 3 to win it. Even when I’m ticked as all get out college basketball delivering

41 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Seton Hall takes down Butler. Powell got hot in second half

Kentucky down 5 at South Carolina with 2:35 to go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The player Devonte thinks he is, Myles Powell actually is.

Venturing over to the UK boards and my are they done with Brooks.

No one knows why he's starting, upset he takes any shots at all, and can't believe he hasn't gotten any better since the start of the season.

I seriously think he transfers at the end of the year.

No one knows why he's starting, upset he takes any shots at all, and can't believe he hasn't gotten any better since the start of the season.

They were down 3 and he missed layup and follow tip in. Brutal stretch for him in the last minute

49 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

For as bad as our shooting is, I think Brooks may have been a giant bullet we dodged. Although he honestly couldn't hurt at this point.

And as a post script, if I were him I'd run as far away from Lexington as I could. Most of those fans have nothing better to do than threaten teenagers and zebras,

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’d take the kids talent. What’s the difference between him and Smith and Hunter?

Well we'd most likely have him for awhile, and as we know, our awful shooting can't really be developed...so we'd be stuck with more bad shooting. At least we have a spot open for someone who can potentially put the ball in the hoop. Though I'm not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

For as bad as our shooting is, I think Brooks may have been a giant bullet we dodged. Although he honestly couldn't hurt at this point.

And as a post script, if I were him I'd run as far away from Lexington as I could. Most of those fans have nothing better to do than threaten teenagers and zebras,

He would definitely have helped us. Probably would have been our first or second best player. He's just not the one and done talent he and his dad thought that he was. Sucks for him because Calipari will just recruit over him, but he made his bed.