Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

That’s his name. Thanks. I understand it was close to home for him, but just comparing the two programs it does make you scratch your head and wonder about what else may have been involved to gain his commitment.

He couldn't resist Bryce Drew's pro-style practices. 

47 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Purdue up 19-4 on MSU. Homecourt in this league is just dumb. 

Watching this game to kill time until the Chiefs game. Figured I would see the difference between the congested middle of the Big Ten and a “national title contender,” but MSU looks just as scrambled on the road as the rest of the conference. First time I’ve actually looked, but didn’t realize MSU has played 4 home games so far in conference, and their road win was at NW. Unless this is an anomaly poor start, I think they might regress to the mean with a few more road games under their belt. 

Edit: as an aside, how OLD is #12 on Purdue?? How unfortunate. I’m 38 and I’m just starting to get some creeping to my hairline. Yikes. 

Edited by JerryYeagley23

pu blowing the doors off MSU. It would be like pu to end up losing this game..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I am calling it purdue will win this game handily. If this was iu I would be biting my nails waiting on the msu comeback lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Thinking about it watching MSU it occurs to me the formula for a consistent program might be to recruit the most talented, but undersized PG available every three years. The only difference between MSU and the rest of the conference, is their best player stayed 4 years (Winston) while other teams lose momentum to the NBA draft every couple years. Duke kind of benefited from that model for a while too, with Reddick, then Grayson Allen, and now Jones. We had Yogi. Maybe that should be a new practice of our recruiting. Grab the best PG under 6 feet available every time we can. 

Trying to think of a MSU game I’ve watched pretty much ever when they were this bad defensively. PU has gotten literally whatever they’ve wanted. Last year’s PU team would have laid 55 on a defensive effort like this one.

Thinking about it watching MSU it occurs to me the formula for a consistent program might be to recruit the most talented, but undersized PG available every three years. The only difference between MSU and the rest of the conference, is their best player stayed 4 years (Winston) while other teams lose momentum to the NBA draft every couple years. Duke kind of benefited from that model for a while too, with Reddick, then Grayson Allen, and now Jones. We had Yogi. Maybe that should be a new practice of our recruiting. Grab the best PG under 6 feet available every time we can. 
This idea is genius.

Oh, no! Luke Brown discussion in 3...2....1....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This idea is genius.

Well Redick was 6-4 and white. He also wasn’t known for defense. But man he could shoot. Allen was/is a head case. I’d like to have another Yogi. That’d be fantastic.

He couldn't resist Bryce Drew's pro-style practices. 
Or his mom works at Vandy and close to him. Sometimes that is a determining factor. During his recruitment I showed many 5 stars that chose family and closeness to home as the factor, including some who went to mid major schools

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well Redick was 6-4 and white. He also wasn’t known for defense. But man he could shoot. Allen was/is a head case. I’d like to have another Yogi. That’d be fantastic.

Fair. Would it be crass to edit and add “...or best available, but only moderately athletic and under 6’4” white guy” to my thesis??