Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 1/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, Uspshoosier said:

Wait, so it's just not us crazy Indiana fans! Win on a consistent basis and fans forgive a few down years here and there...fail to win at the level expected consistently, and you meet the pressure cooker. But I think that can be said about any blue blood / once blue blood program. 

IU is a good job...fans have high expectations, but most blue blood/once blue blood fan bases do. I want a coach to have confidence in his ability to accept the job and bring this program back, or don't walk through the door. There is a great story to be written some day about whoever is able to bring us truly back to prominence, and I still to this day hope that Archie is the guy. If he isn't, next man up.... 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Butler as a Number 1 seed. Respect their team, but the fact they are projected as a 1 seed shows how weak the top of college basketball is this year. 

Also has IU as a 10 seed playing Virginia. The winner might not break 40. 

7 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Really looking forward to this game tonight and will be rooting for Crean here. UK fans better brace themselves because I can only imagine they bring up the Wat shot a time or two.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In general while I wish Crean the best I don’t really care that much, day to day, how he does.
That being said, like you, I am looking forward to watching the game tonight as I  think it would be great if he won at least two games a year (both games against UK). It will be interesting to see Edwards, Brooks, UK on the road, the environment at Georgia, etc.

58 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Butler as a Number 1 seed. Respect their team, but the fact they are projected as a 1 seed shows how weak the top of college basketball is this year. 

Over/under for the game might be 78.

Purdue a 10 seed as well??? I don’t get the Purdue love. 9-6 with one good win at home against UVA, home loss to an average Texas team, and 3 double digit losses to Nebraska, Illinois, and Marquette.

Purdue a 10 seed as well??? I don’t get the Purdue love. 9-6 with one good win at home against UVA, home loss to an average Texas team, and 3 double digit losses to Nebraska, Illinois, and Marquette.

Everyone is holding on to last years turnaround that happened for Purdue around this time.

Kinda like everyone is holding on to last years losing streak for IU as evidence that this years team is doomed.

Guess we will see if either of those beliefs hold true here soon.

Today makes up for an underwhelming Monday.

Loaded Tuesday
Maryland/Ohio St
Louisville/Miami
PennSt/Rutgers
Tennessee/Missouri
Providence/Marquette
Houston/Temple
That’s just the 7:00 games

Indiana St/N Iowa
Baylor/Texas Tech
Kentucky/Georgia
Nova/Creighton