Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Won’t be able to get to that today. Busy parcel day at work and when I get home from work it’s straight to movies with the family to watch Frozen 2. At least this will be new. I’ve probably seen Frozen over 100 times

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yuck, yeah me too.  Luckily my wife took my daughter to see the new one during the IU UConn game

I'm starting to think Brooks wasn't that big of a miss after all. I'm struggling to find one thing he does well.

He's got size, but he can't shoot well especially from 3. His defense isn't particularly strong either, there was a point last night where that one white kid was able to hit a 3 right in front of him because he didn't fight through screen at all.

I think we would have been frustrated with him this year if he came here.

Utah could hit shots and UK couldn’t.

UK still almost won on athleticism alone, but boy do they miss some shooters.

And I am happy about it.

Announcers still drool over UK sending guys to the NBA so they will continue to pull studs.

I’d say roster management is a problem for Calipari more often than it should be. Get 2 or 3 shooters, with his typical athletic point guard.

He has had Herro, Booker that jump to mind but they aren’t known for their shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm starting to think Brooks wasn't that big of a miss after all. I'm struggling to find one thing he does well.
He's got size, but he can't shoot well especially from 3. His defense isn't particularly strong either, there was a point last night where that one white kid was able to hit a 3 right in front of him because he didn't fight through screen at all.
Probably be another example of missing a recruit sky is falling when it wasn't lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

He definitely would have helped, but I think it's clear he's not a one and done type of talent like he thought he was. Unfortunately for him, he chose the school with the coach who won't think twice about recruiting over him. He could have came here and starred with his buddied TJD and Franklin for a couple years and then heading to the NBA, but instead he's a role player at Kentucky. 

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Just want to announce this. I am cheering hard for purdue to destroy butler this Saturday. I am growing tired of butler fans and purdue is struggling a bit. Dont hate me

The whole "little brother" complex thing...yeah I've come to realize that's actually Butler. I have always said "I can't hate on Butler" but their fans make it really, really tough. Borderline U of L level.

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Just want to announce this. I am cheering hard for purdue to destroy butler this Saturday. I am growing tired of butler fans and purdue is struggling a bit. Dont hate me

I can't bring myself to root for PU.  They could be playing pUKe and I'd root for a power failure.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Skimming through, this caught my eye near the end

• The national average for offensive rebound percentage is 28.2%, which is the lowest in the history of kenpom.com. Once again, if offensive spacing has been increased due to the extended 3-point line and perimeter players are often operating at least one or two feet further away from the rim than they were last season, it makes sense that offensive rebounds are harder to grab. That's a decrease of just 0.2 percentage points from last season and 0.5 percentage points compared to two seasons ago. The national average for offensive rebounding percentage has been as high as 35.6 percent in 2006.

Do it!  Do it!  Do it!

247 composite top 6 players with the most minutes in the game

Utah 2018 class 2019 class
40th nationally 46th

Gach-121 Jones-113
Allen-129 Jantunen-213
Battin-227
Thioune-268

Kentucky 2018. 2019
2. 2
Montgomery-9 Maxey-10
Hagans-12 Whitney-11
Quickley-22 Brooks-24

Richards-2017 ( 18)

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

247 composite top 6 players with the most minutes in the game

Utah 2018 class 2019 class
40th nationally 46th

Gach-121 Jones-113
Allen-129 Jantunen-213
Battin-227
Thioune-268

Kentucky 2018. 2019
2. 2
Montgomery-9 Maxey-10
Hagans-12 Whitney-11
Quickley-22 Brooks-24

Richards-2017 ( 18)

Does your wife know you're on the phone at the movie theater?