Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Are they benefiting from the NET or from P5 teams being worse?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
They are benefiting from the NET. Quad system allows them to get those Quad 1 and 2 wins in their conference that they cannot get from playing high major teams. Plus the quad system allows them to lose games on the road in their conference and not get penalized as much as the RPI penalized them. If the net was active back in the day Monmouth would of not got left out of the tournament like they did that one year even though they beat a bunch of high majors but lost a couple road games in conference

So then what is a win? Any positives with that? Doesn't seem so the way you described your thoughts against UConn and Nebraska.

From a fans perspective those games sucked. And there were plenty here who felt like the Nebraska game was a loss. I was not one of those.

They are benefiting from the NET. Quad system allows them to get those Quad 1 and 2 wins in their conference that they cannot get from playing high major teams. Plus the quad system allows them to lose games on the road in their conference and not get penalized as much as the RPI penalized them. If the net was active back in the day Monmouth would of not got left out of the tournament like they did that one year even though they beat a bunch of high majors but lost a couple road games in conference

We don’t know if Monmouth would have been in. The committee could have easily still left them out. Same with Saint Mary’s in multiple years. Or SMU I’m I think 14-15.

We don’t know if Monmouth would have been in. The committee could have easily still left them out. Same with Saint Mary’s in multiple years. Or SMU I’m I think 14-15.

Actually when they introduce the NET Monmouth was the school that they pointed out what the new system would do for non power schools. Their quality wins improved by 2 and 3. And 2 of their bad losses moved to quad 2. They would of made the field that year if that system was in place

Actually when they introduce the NET Monmouth was the school that they pointed out what the new system would do for non power schools. Their quality wins improved by 2 and 3. And 2 of their bad losses moved to quad 2. They would of made the field that year if that system was in place

They say that. But they still might have looked at them and said no.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not good for the Boilers; apparently this is his second concussion this season. Without him protecting the rim for 25 minutes a game I believe the Boilers would be in deep, deep kimchi:

10/2/2019  Purdue center Matt Haarms returning to practice soon: After less than half a practice last week, Purdue center Matt Haarms was sent to the sideline, after taking a blow to the head and suffering a concussion.

"I'm good," Haarms said Wednesday at Big Ten media day. "I'm all cleared. All good."

"I was telling people, 'I'd rather this happen to me than one of our new guys,'" Haarms said. "They'd be lost. Thankfully I know what's going on with the team.

"It sucks to miss practice, though. But it was all about being safe and I really appreciate our training staff, they're not rushing me back, really following protocol and making sure I get back safe."

Love me some Kimchi! 

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Not good for the Boilers; apparently this is his second concussion this season. Without him protecting the rim for 25 minutes a game I believe the Boilers would be in deep, deep kimchi:

10/2/2019  Purdue center Matt Haarms returning to practice soon: After less than half a practice last week, Purdue center Matt Haarms was sent to the sideline, after taking a blow to the head and suffering a concussion.

"I'm good," Haarms said Wednesday at Big Ten media day. "I'm all cleared. All good."

"I was telling people, 'I'd rather this happen to me than one of our new guys,'" Haarms said. "They'd be lost. Thankfully I know what's going on with the team.

"It sucks to miss practice, though. But it was all about being safe and I really appreciate our training staff, they're not rushing me back, really following protocol and making sure I get back safe."

They better be very cautious. If he were to have another that would be a very bad look for them 

They better be very cautious. If he were to have another that would be a very bad look for them 

Say good day to Reggie Ray.

The emphasis on concussions has definitely increased by a substantial amount due to the increased studies into CTE. People really only think about it with football but it can really happen in any contact sport and even baseball, volleyball or tennis if you get hit with the ball. Probably even golf. I’ve had one concussion(that was actually diagnosed) and it was in basketball in middle school after a kid fell on my head. It’s an injury that can end someone’s career. So hopefully for Haarms sake, Purdue isn’t trying to rush him back for selfish reasons. And they should be double and triple checking every test.
92C4BBDA-96B3-4AD0-B5B7-03C8FADBF93C-7150-000003DFA25611C2.jpg

Say good day to Reggie Ray.

The emphasis on concussions has definitely increased by a substantial amount due to the increased studies into CTE. People really only think about it with football but it can really happen in any contact sport and even baseball, volleyball or tennis if you get hit with the ball. Probably even golf. I’ve had one concussion(that was actually diagnosed) and it was in basketball in middle school after a kid fell on my head. It’s an injury that can end someone’s career. So hopefully for Haarms sake, Purdue isn’t trying to rush him back for selfish reasons. And they should be double and triple checking every test.
92C4BBDA-96B3-4AD0-B5B7-03C8FADBF93C-7150-000003DFA25611C2.thumb.jpg.7ae423186262bf95c5966cc9c150f7ad.jpg

This. It seems like there are people who seem so cavalier about concussions. Not just on here either

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I eat kimchi out of the jar. Kimchi saved the Korean Peninsula from SARS.

Me too. There is a Korean lady here in Fort Wayne who makes it. “True kimchi”. It’s the best I’ve had. 

I was starting to have stomach and intestinal issues a couple years back. I started eating kimchi and the issues went away completely. Never have come back, even once. I ALWAYS have a jar at home and at my office.