Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

The last I watched, it was refereed with star power in mind. I consider that contrived circumstances. Both to put butts in seats....and to kedp the stars on the floor. One example I saw on Sports Center this week, was LeBron stopping his dribble, taking steps, then resuming the dribble....point is no call made

If your issue is with the referees, college refs have been really really bad the past few years.

Because while I acknowledged it’s the highest level of basketball played it doesn’t interest me one bit. I would rather watch curling then a full NBA game. I respect the talent level those players have and what they can do on the court but i will watch high school and college every day all day. Just not my thing. Only reason I would pay attention to the NBA is because I’m in a fantasy league that I have been in since college. I set my lineup Sunday and don’t mess with it until the next Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Right... none of that explains why.

I can accept bad calls. Not contrived situations.

I was a high school ref for many years. Dating back to the 2 man system, you could be in poor position very quickly. Bad calls are made.

It happens in college. It happens in HS. Hell it happens in elementary school, NFL, CFB, pee wee football, baseball etc. some stars get a little extra love at times and the NBA, unlike college, is trying to fix it.

36 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

I can accept bad calls. Not contrived situations.

I was a high school ref for many years. Dating back to the 2 man system, you could be in poor position very quickly. Bad calls are made.

You mentioned the LeBron travel specifically. That wasn't a contrived situation. The refs weren't paying attention and they missed a call. It happens. And let's be real, contrived situations happen plenty of times in college basketball. Some programs get more favorable calls than others. It's not just an NBA thing. 

Right... none of that explains why.

Lol. Cool... I don’t find it entertaining enough for me to spend my time watching it when there are other options of basketball out there that bring me joy. I don’t know about you but usually if something doesn’t entertain me I’m not going to spend time watching it.

You mentioned the LeBron travel specifically. That wasn't a contrived situation. The refs weren't paying attention and they missed a call. It happens. And let's be real, contrived situations happen plenty of times in college basketball. Some programs get more favorable calls than others. It's not just an NBA thing. 
It was literally 3 consecutive violations. They are just protecting star power.

The last I watched, it was refereed with star power in mind. I consider that contrived circumstances. Both to put butts in seats....and to kedp the stars on the floor. One example I saw on Sports Center this week, was LeBron stopping his dribble, taking steps, then resuming the dribble....point is no call made  
This one?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol. Cool... I don’t find it entertaining enough for me to spend my time watching it when there are other options of basketball out there that bring me joy. I don’t know about you but usually if something doesn’t entertain me I’m not going to spend time watching it.

I’ve spent a lot of timing watching some crappy IU basketball and football.

They don't play near as hard as they did when Bird, Johnson, Thomas, Jordan played in my opinion.

It’s a different game. Somewhere in between the two really. They play better defense than teams in the 80’s but better offense and none of the trashy thug ball from the 90’s.

39 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Big difference between making terrible calls and blatantly refusing to call something.

I mean, college refs do the same thing when it comes to big programs. You don't think refs let Duke or Kentucky get away with things that they call against other schools? Different strokes for different folks, but complaining about NBA officiating is silly when it's better than NCAA officiating. The talent in the NBA is better now than ever.

I mean, college refs do the same thing when it comes to big programs. You don't think refs let Duke or Kentucky get away with things that they call against other schools? Different strokes for different folks, but complaining about NBA officiating is silly when it's better than NCAA officiating. The talent in the NBA is better now than ever.

Yea it’s way better officiating and it’s not even that good really. Which says how terrible college refs are. And the talent is by far the deepest it’s ever been. Especially at PG, SF and C. The game itself has gotten better as well. Players actually play defense unlike in the 80’s and don’t play thug ball like in the 90’s. There are plenty of flaws but the NBA seems to want to work on it.

Greatest sports on the planet. Watching Oregon/Michigan replay. Pritchard is one heck of a basketball player.

Watching UCLA-Notre Dame replay. Notre Dame “doesn’t foul.” We’ll need to play through the post and force them to foul. They lit up UCLA from outside (8 made 3s to 3 made 2s in the first half). If we force them to make 2s or they’re cold from outside I like our chances.