Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

NC State was a trash team last year fooling casual fans and you into thinking they were a mediocre bubble team. Calling NC State a bubble team would be a disservice to other bubble teams. You would think going 21-10 (9-9 in the best conference) would be an accomplishment and worthy of consideration of a bid. But when you actually dig a little deeper you see them for the fraud they were

I’ve posted the 340 non conference but what actually went into that number
W- Mt St Mary’s(7-22)
W- Maryland eastern shore(5-25)
W-UNC-Asheville(2-26)
W-Maine(4-27)
W-St Peters(10-22)
W-Mercer(9-20)
L-Wisky(23-11)
W-Vandy(9-23)
W-Western Carolina(6-25)
W-Penn St (14-18)
W-auburn(29-10) finally a “great win”
W-South Carolina upstate(3-26)
W-Loyola Maryland (11-21)

Lol at that schedule

Once ACC play starts surely their overall SOS will improve into the 50’s since the ACC is strong. Nope thanks to unbalanced schedules their overall SOS ended up at being 102.
9 wins in the ACC has to be impressive then right? Nope

W-Miami (14-18)
W-Pitt(14-19)
L- wake (11-20)
W-Notre Dame(14-19)
W- Clemson(20-14) good win against a non tourney team
W-Pitt(14-19)
W-Cuse(20-14). Finally a good win against a tourney team in conference
W-Boston College (14-17)
W-Wake(11-20)
L- Georgia Tech(14-18)
W-Boston College (14-17)
W-ACC tourney against a non tourney team Clemson
The biggest surprise in this is that there is a non NC State fan that actually believes that they should of gotten in the tourney over some of the teams that got in

4 total wins against teams that ended with winning records
No matter the system used
NET system, RPI system, Joes systems. NC State last year should of been as far away as possible to being selected.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t care. It doesn’t mean they’d get in, but those other teams should have immediately been ineligible.

I don’t care. It doesn’t mean they’d get in, but those other teams should have immediately been ineligible.

You literally can’t get out of your own way

You literally can’t get out of your own way

No I just have an opinion that the NCAA should have a standard for the NCAA tourney. Just like I’d have the opinion that the NBA should get rid of conferences, keep divisions, and go 1-16 for the playoffs. That the NFL should get rid of divisions winners getting a playoff spot and adding 4 teams to the playoffs and go 1-8 or even 1-16. They are just my opinions because i feel it’d make the game better.

Is it me or do some posters love arguing or discussing opinions against joe? That is what we are here to do but I get a kick out of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Well this iteration is better than the last few banned personas.

Is it me or do some posters love arguing or discussing opinions against joe? That is what we are here to do but I get a kick out of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

They say they hate me, but they love me. I just bring up fun topics to talk about.

Interesting tidbit.

Under Coach Knight, Indiana averaged 75+ in 18 season(80+ 7 times). We missed the tourney just once and won two national titles(both title teams averaged 82 per game). In the other 11 seasons the team did win 1 national title in 81’ but also missed the tourney 4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Interesting tidbit.

Under Coach Knight, Indiana averaged 75+ in 18 season(80+ 7 times). We missed the tourney just once and won two national titles(both title teams averaged 82 per game). In the other 11 seasons the team did win 1 national title in 81’ but also missed the tourney 4 times.

If today's social media existed during Coach Knight's tenure, he would have been the most polarizing man in history. The "fire Knight" chants would have started in year one. He killed our beloved "Hurryin Hoosiers" and installed a deliberate offense and an emphasis on defense. I remember Assembly Hall cheering one time when the teams combined score reached 100. It was the polar opposite of what we were used to watching.

If today's social media existed during Coach Knight's tenure, he would have been the most polarizing man in history. The "fire Knight" chants would have started in year one. He killed our beloved "Hurryin Hoosiers" and installed a deliberate offense and an emphasis on defense. I remember Assembly Hall cheering one time when the teams combined score reached 100. It was the polar opposite of what we were used to watching.

Yet his teams a enraged 75+ the majority of years. And majority of best teams did that. He coached to play smart. Take what was given, make plays, don’t be a robot. Unfortunately under Archie so far and even under Crean, we had too many robots. Guess trust running through the plays like practice and not trying to go make a play.

Also a funny thing, there are so many here who complain about the NBA and how it sucks and the offenses are boring to watch... yet IU runs an NBA offense.

I would not know. I have not watched the NBA for a very long time.

This Michigan/Oregon game is great. Tied and a made 3 by Oregon is waved off to send it to OT. Probably just me, but seems like Michigan gets breaks every time I watch them. That would have counted 99/100 times against IU

Just now, DLG3 said:

This Michigan/Oregon game is great. Tied and a made 3 by Oregon is waved off to send it to OT. Probably just me, but seems like Michigan gets breaks every time I watch them. That would have counted 99/100 times against IU

That shot would have counted zero out of 100 times.

It was clearly after the buzzer.