Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

NC State with a non conference SOS of 340 should of been in? If the NET was all the committee cared about NC State would of been in with a 33 NET. Luckily they look at the whole body of work

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t really care. They won the game put in front of them and more than St Johns. And finished 9-9 in a way better conference.

I don’t really care. They won the game put in front of them and more than St Johns. And finished 9-9 in a way better conference.

Even if only 1 of their 9 wins in conference was against a tournament team. 7 against teams with losing records?

Joe I know how much you hate mediocrity and teams that don’t deserve to make the tournament and if you really look at NC States overall resume there is 0 chance you think they should of made the tournament. If you do then that goes against everything you hate about the tournament selection

Joe I know how much you hate mediocrity and teams that don’t deserve to make the tournament and if you really look at NC States overall resume there is 0 chance you think they should of made the tournament. If you do then that goes against everything you hate about the tournament selection

I very firmly believe that if you can’t win 20 games after conference tourneys AND have AT LEAST a .500 record in conference, then say hello to the NIT because that’s where you belong. So if that means a mediocre team gets in over another mediocre team, then so be it. Or a high caliber mid major or small school.

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Sadly, I would take that right now if a gun was to my head. Sadly, a tourney birth seems like our super bowl

I'm in the same boat. It's very tempting to move the goal posts, but I decided I'd be content with: IU being consistently competitive (already failed that once vs Wisconsin), winning record in the B1G and making the tourney. Slipping in as a #9 wouldn't be our proudest moment, but however it happens IU HAS to make the NCAA's. Has to. Injuries, youth, blah blah blah I don't care about reasons or excuses, just make the tourney. We'll start working on style points later, gotta make the tourney this season.  

I very firmly believe that if you can’t win 20 games after conference tourneys AND have AT LEAST a .500 record in conference, then say hello to the NIT because that’s where you belong. So if that means a mediocre team gets in over another mediocre team, then so be it. Or a high caliber mid major or small school.

Even if, say the 7th or 8th best Big Ten team is better than the 3rd or 4th best PAC 12 team?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm in the same boat. It's very tempting to move the goal posts, but I decided I'd be content with: IU being consistently competitive (already failed that once vs Wisconsin), winning record in the B1G and making the tourney. Slipping in as a #9 wouldn't be our proudest moment, but however it happens IU HAS to make the NCAA's. Has to. Injuries, youth, blah blah blah I don't care about reasons or excuses, just make the tourney. We'll start working on style points later, gotta make the tourney this season.  

Yup; my standard is bubble team in a bad/rebuilding/ injury prone year, and top ten in a good year.

Yup; my standard is bubble team in a bad/rebuilding/ injury prone year, and top ten in a good year.

I don’t think Indiana should be a bubble team unless it’s an awful year. Like Kentucky or Duke or Kansas type.

My hope is to be a top 10-15 program.

A 8-9 seed would be a down year in my dream.

Ideally 2-6 seed every year. Basically a top 25 team.

Maybe I’m unrealistic but other bluebloods have this type of streak and expectations.

This year though, I’ll take making NCAA but expectations need to rise.

Even if, say the 7th or 8th best Big Ten team is better than the 3rd or 4th best PAC 12 team?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes. Because they likely aren’t really any better. Both are probably as mediocre as it gets. Those Pac12 teams would have a shot over those B1G teams.

NC State was a trash team last year fooling casual fans and you into thinking they were

a mediocre bubble team. Calling NC State a bubble team would be a disservice to other bubble teams. You would think going 21-10 (9-9 in the best conference) would be an accomplishment and worthy of consideration of a bid. But when you actually dig a little deeper you see them for the fraud they were

I’ve posted the 340 non conference but what actually went into that number

W- Mt St Mary’s(7-22)

W- Maryland eastern shore(5-25)

W-UNC-Asheville(2-26)

W-Maine(4-27)

W-St Peters(10-22)

W-Mercer(9-20)

L-Wisky(23-11)

W-Vandy(9-23)

W-Western Carolina(6-25)

W-Penn St (14-18)

W-auburn(29-10) finally a “great win”

W-South Carolina upstate(3-26)

W-Loyola Maryland (11-21)

Lol at that schedule

Once ACC play starts surely their overall SOS will improve into the 50’s since the ACC is strong. Nope thanks to unbalanced schedules their overall SOS ended up at being 102.

9 wins in the ACC has to be impressive then right? Nope

W-Miami (14-18)

W-Pitt(14-19)

L- wake (11-20)

W-Notre Dame(14-19)

W- Clemson(20-14) good win against a non tourney team

W-Pitt(14-19)

W-Cuse(20-14). Finally a good win against a tourney team in conference

W-Boston College (14-17)

W-Wake(11-20)

L- Georgia Tech(14-18)

W-Boston College (14-17)

W-ACC tourney against a non tourney team Clemson

The biggest surprise in this is that there is a non NC State fan that actually believes that they should of gotten in the tourney over some of the teams that got in

4 total wins against teams that ended with winning records

No matter the system used

NET system, RPI system, Joes systems. NC State last year should of been as far away as possible to being selected.