Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

53 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The biggest joke in college basketball. The NET rankings. Talk about an easy way to push an agenda... have the NCAA put out their own rankings to be the main use for the committee.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A great way to manipulate for the most money possible

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgetown-mens-basketball-players-reportedly-stole-1625-in-items-threatened-accuser-on-face-time-203253122.html
Georgetown players reportedly stole $1,625 worth of items, threatened accuser on FaceTime

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 12/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To us outsiders maybe, but it's hard to fire a university legend, i.e, The General.  G'town will have a PR problem as will Michigan when they finally decide Harbaugh is never going to get them to the promised land.  Just one of the many reasons I'm glad we didn't replace Crean with Alford.

Agree! Let’s hope to eventually add Juwan Howard to the list!

Tre White Decommits from Kansas     6'5" SF  #28 nationally ; #8 SF; 5-star per 247

Making an early commitment to Kansas this summer, Tre White has decided to reopen his college recruitment, he told Rivals.com. A member of the 2022 class, White is now expected to give a thorough look at his recruitment the second time around.

“After conversation with my family, I have decided to open up my recruitment and go through the entire recruitment process and make a decision on the college that fits my academic and basketball needs to help me reach all the goals I have set in my life,” White said.

A 6-foot-5 wing that can play all over the floor in the half-court, White gave his verbal commitment to the Jayhawks back in June. Already regarded as one of the best at his particular position in his class nationally, finding suitors, both locally and across America, will not be difficult.

While the Jayhawks will definitely remain in the hunt for White’s next commitment, expect for the very best to pursue. Entering his first full year at Cornerstone Christian in Texas, White has already shown the ability to play on and off of the ball. He is an improved shooter and athlete, with a strong work ethic that should treat him well as he gets older.

A capable shot maker that can defend various positions, Rivals.com analyst Eric Bossi last saw White over the weekend where he had this to say: “He has been known as an above the rim finisher in transition but his added pull-up jumper and the way he's creating space off the bounce without having to dance with the ball bodes well for his development.”

No school list has been created yet for White. Expect for his recruitment to pick up again this spring once the college and high school seasons complete with the nations’ best becoming involved.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tre White Decommits from Kansas     6'5" SF  #28 nationally ; #8 SF; 5-star per 247

Making an early commitment to Kansas this summer, Tre White has decided to reopen his college recruitment, he told Rivals.com. A member of the 2022 class, White is now expected to give a thorough look at his recruitment the second time around.

“After conversation with my family, I have decided to open up my recruitment and go through the entire recruitment process and make a decision on the college that fits my academic and basketball needs to help me reach all the goals I have set in my life,” White said.

A 6-foot-5 wing that can play all over the floor in the half-court, White gave his verbal commitment to the Jayhawks back in June. Already regarded as one of the best at his particular position in his class nationally, finding suitors, both locally and across America, will not be difficult.

While the Jayhawks will definitely remain in the hunt for White’s next commitment, expect for the very best to pursue. Entering his first full year at Cornerstone Christian in Texas, White has already shown the ability to play on and off of the ball. He is an improved shooter and athlete, with a strong work ethic that should treat him well as he gets older.

A capable shot maker that can defend various positions, Rivals.com analyst Eric Bossi last saw White over the weekend where he had this to say: “He has been known as an above the rim finisher in transition but his added pull-up jumper and the way he's creating space off the bounce without having to dance with the ball bodes well for his development.”

No school list has been created yet for White. Expect for his recruitment to pick up again this spring once the college and high school seasons complete with the nations’ best becoming involved.

Would love to know what family process is in place that results in a kid committing 3 years out. If I would have told my parents that I was ready to commit to a college at 15 years old, my father wouldn’t have even looked up from his WSJ and my mom would have just said, “No you’re not, honey.”

5 hours ago, Demo said:

Would love to know what family process is in place that results in a kid committing 3 years out. If I would have told my parents that I was ready to commit to a college at 15 years old, my father wouldn’t have even looked up from his WSJ and my mom would have just said, “No you’re not, honey.”

Just guessing but maybe they had a change of heart because the check from Kansas bounced.