Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And that is what worries me. Can we make shots if we don’t get the calls?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Same. Can we still score enough in the halfcourt to win when we shoot 15 free throws instead of 30? So far, this team is predicated on getting to the free throw line and making more than the opponents take. What happens when we don't get that whistle in Wisconsin? Can the defense carry the day and the offense generate enough without the free throw line?

All great questions. I personally think IU is gonna stomp the Badgers and end the losing streak we've had at the Kohl Center.

I just have this bad feeling that some Wiscy player will end up having more attempts at the line than our team combined. Wiscy does so well at being tough until they’re not in the Big Ten.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I just have this bad feeling that some Wiscy player will end up having more attempts at the line than our team combined. Wiscy does so well at being tough until they’re not in the Big Ten.

Can't really blame ya, man. A 20 year losing streak and consistently getting sh!t on by the refs will have that effect, lol :) I just don't think home cooking refs / home court advantage saves them this time around.

UK/Michigan announce 3 year deal - London, home and home staring next year.

Guess who’s not re-upping the traditional series!  Probably my sensitive ears, but Cal seems over effusive in his praise of Michigan - direct dig at IU. 

Not certain what the current real story is between us and them not being able to make it work, but know Cal and Archie were genuinely close. Perhaps Cal annoyed with admin/Glass. Perhaps still scared from the Wat shot!

It is what the B1G has wanted. People are naive if they think the league hasn’t picked favorites.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To us outsiders maybe, but it's hard to fire a university legend, i.e, The General.  G'town will have a PR problem as will Michigan when they finally decide Harbaugh is never going to get them to the promised land.  Just one of the many reasons I'm glad we didn't replace Crean with Alford.

If he was winning maybe but sure looks like they are in store for another rebuild. Imagine if Watford transferred in the middle of year 3, Hulls got kicked off the team and Cody decommitted. Crean wasn’t a legend but we were patient like he was but that would have killed what little momentum we looked to have going into year 4