Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Not to take anything away from Purdue but let’s be honest, Virginia only got its ranking based on last season’s result. I’d be surprised if this team is top 25 by end of month. They’ll be in a lot of games because of their defense but the truth is, they’re a middle of the pack ACC team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Virginia has looked horrible so far. Purdue defense and length causing some issues, and they keep jacking threes. This is my first real watch of Virginia this year, and they do not pass the eye test of a top 25 team IMO. 

For someone who has watched them more, are they truly this limited on offense?

Virginia has looked horrible so far. Purdue defense and length causing some issues, and they keep jacking threes. This is my first real watch of Virginia this year, and they do not pass the eye test of a top 25 team IMO. 

Yes, very limited. Rely 100% on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Key is out and that’s been a problem. Freshman Morsell can provide offense. Just one of those days so far. Maybe not top 10 but I still think they are top 20. However when they lose sometimes it’s going to be really ugly. When they win it’s going to be a rock fight as well. I’m guessing they will turn around and beat North Carolina next

Key is out and that’s been a problem. Freshman Morsell can provide offense. Just one of those days so far. Maybe not top 10 but I still think they are top 20. However when they lose sometimes it’s going to be really ugly. When they win it’s going to be a rock fight as well. I’m guessing they will turn around and beat North Carolina next

This year’s Virginia team is a 7-9 seed this year at best. Book it.

21 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

If (before the FSU game) Indiana "hadn't played anyone," then Virginia is rowing the same boat.  Haven't played good teams....EVERYTHING about their #5 ranking is based upon the team they had last year.

Child’s first game of the year for BYU (ncaa suspended him 9 games because his paperwork for testing the draft last year was late for coming back to school). He has 11 of the 18 pts. BYU up 9 on Utah. Kid is a stud

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If (before the FSU game) Indiana "hadn't played anyone," then Virginia is rowing the same boat.  Haven't played good teams....EVERYTHING about their #5 ranking is based upon the team they had last year.

A little different in my opinion. Virginia before tonight has 2 Ken Pom top 65 (64 and 65)wins away from home plus another top 88 win at home. Definitely not a killer schedule but way better then what IU had played up until this point

A little different in my opinion. Virginia before tonight has 2 Ken Pom top 65 (64 and 65)wins away from home plus another top 88 win at home. Definitely not a killer schedule but way better then what IU had played up until this point

Kenpom in December is worthless. Using random numbers like Top 88 is just silly.