Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Michigan State REALLY misses a kid who was arguably the most underrated high-level player in the B1G last year; Kenny Goins.
Their front court rotation has gone from Goins, Tillman, and Ward to Tillman, Kithier, and Bingham. That’ll so far that has been a giant drop off.

Ward not staying was a mistake on his part. They’ve definitely been overrated yet again. Which has happened before and recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am not sure they are currently a top 5 B1G team. They have Izzo and I think they get there. But I just don’t see them winning the conference in a year they were supposed to walk away with it. We are barely in December. This year is something like I have never seen. The unpredictability is awesome!

I agree. That was their point also. They were pointing out why that is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

They’re usually overrated. Michigan State has been crap

Think it was 2010-2011. They just came off back to back final four appearances. They were a top 3 team to start the season. I'm not sure they even got outside the first round. Michigan State is a weird team. They have had some teams that should have made the final four only to get beat early in the tournament (see 2012, 2016, 2018)

I was just saying to a co-worker if we beat Wisconsin in Madison I could see us in that 15-17 range next week.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Back in 11-12 we started out the season 6-0. People questioned how good Indiana was. We had beaten Stony Brook, Chattanooga, Evansville, Savannah State, Gardner-Webb and Butler. The best game to go 7-0 was AT NC State in the B1G/ACC Challenge. We ended winning that crazy game 86-75. Two games later we beat #1 Kentucky in one of the most memorable sports moments of the decade. That team finished 27-9. They 11-7 in the B1G and 5th and went on to be a 4 seed and made the Sweet 16. That year, our best player was a freshman that was a McD’s AA and Indiana Mr. Basketball. Sure there are plenty of differences, but a couple similarities that are neat to look at. I wouldn’t mind having a season like that again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Me either, and I agree some similarities. Worst part of that season was A) putrid loss at Nebraska I had the displeasure of attending (Jordy missed some key free throws as I recall) and of course B) losing to Kensucky in the NCAA's. What did they shoot, 40 FT's that game? 

File this under: "HOW NOT TO HAVE A BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD."

Read this at your own risk - not a good look for the Purdue player, his mother (the poster 'Treed'), or the board that's allowing this to be publicly aired.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/hummel-on-dakich-right-now-interesting.182420/

Texas Tech/DePaul tonight is an interesting game. Tech needs this game more then DePaul does. DePaul is undefeated with 3 road wins against high major teams while Tech lost its 2 games against high major teams. Techs best win so far is probably Eastern Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Read this at your own risk - not a good look for the Purdue player, his mother (the poster 'Treed'), or the board that's allowing this to be publicly aired.

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/hummel-on-dakich-right-now-interesting.182420/

Yikes.  Can I point out that the only word she spelled correctly was her son's name?  Or is that bad form

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Terrible

Thanks for the clickbait. Now I'll never get that time back

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk