Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yeah, this seems to be the consensus. As I’ve aged and have a little more money, I usually throw in a small tip for carry out, if they are putting things together. Not usually for a pizza though.

It’s an interesting debate. Her tweeting was definitely a bad look.

It was a big order but isn’t that what she is paid to do? Hourly?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So I have kids that work in that industry. They make a base wage plus tips. Around here they make $2.13 per hour plus tips. So if those two added up don’t make minimum wage the restaurant covers the difference. Problem is servers won’t claim everything if they know what they are doing. So basically the server thought she had an easy pay day for throwing plastic spoon and forks into a bag along with condiments and got pissed when she didn’t get $100 for probably less than 10 minutes of work on her end.

Damn Joe. You’re just not a very kind person. No tipping because “they don’t do anything”, etc. Come on man... I handled take out orders when I was a kid and a portion of all my tips went to the busers and the cooks, but sure go ahead and assume you know everything.

I am guessing where they went no. It’s a type of place that the server is the only one that gets the tip. Unless the server shares it. Guessing no by the tweet.

I think the most important question of the day goes to USPS. Which games on which tv? There are some potential great ones today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Michigan beats Louisville... I don’t know if any team that’s ever had a start to the season like that. Then they can beat Iowa. How often does a unanimous #1 happen?

3 hours ago, Andowen1990IU said:

Holding young men accountable for their actions is a good way to make sure they aren't jackasses when they are older. I figured in today's world where coaches are constantly criticized (for good reason) for letting their players get away with lots of things that this would be looked at positively. This clearly doesn't rise to the level of other things happening right now, but that doesn't mean that it should go without punishment.

For whatever reason you are adverse to it but I think a game suspension for behaving like they did is an appropriate response and sends a message.

That with a healthy dose of empathy and a better understanding of why the behavior was inappropriate in the first place. I'm a big fan of actions that are corrective and not just punitive.

I think the most important question of the day goes to USPS. Which games on which tv? There are some potential great ones today.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

lol.
Sycamores/North Dakota St start it out for me at 5:30. Kids basketball practice at 7. But recording Butler/Ole Miss, Iowa/Cuse and Vermont/Cincy. They would be what I would watch at 7. At 7:30 Michigan /Louisville moves to the big screen.

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh Pooh I wanted to ask defense rocks why he brought facts into the discussion. 

Akinjo is off limits in my book now. Either he’s involved or he quit on his team. Either way it’s a pass

I'd jump ship if I was on a team full of criminals.  Lumping his name in the same group with one of the alleged criminals was a horrible move from Georgetown. 

There are rumors abound that this may have to do with a disagreement with Ewing over how Akinjo was reacting over a benching. Ewing questioned his toughness and made a comment about Akinjo's mother (who is deceased). Akinjo, upset with the comment decided to transfer. Of course the school makes it a disciplinary action.