Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

He had Morgan and RoJo. Davis only played in 15 games. Hartman was hurt a fair part of the year too. 
Al and Smith were freshmen, and Green was a very erratic sophomore.
Surely you’re not comparing any of them to Teske or Simpson.

Or Livers etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He had Morgan and RoJo. Davis only played in 15 games. Hartman was hurt a fair part of the year too. 

He was attempting to lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hot take: FSU will be called for multiple traveling violations in Assembly Hall.

They had about three on one possession against Tennessee and zero were called.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Neither team looked all too great in my opinion. Both offenses were stagnant and zero shooters on the floor.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No, I’m not comparing them to Teske but don’t pretend you weren’t trying to make Archie’s cupboard look as empty as possible by only mentioning Newkirk and Freddie.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

No, I’m not comparing them to Teske but don’t pretend you weren’t trying to make Archie’s cupboard look as empty as possible by only mentioning Newkirk and Freddie.

No; I was highlighting that they both started. One of them at pg.

A walkon started a whole bunch of games too.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No; I was highlighting that they both started. One of them at pg.

A walkon started a whole bunch of games too.

McSwain started 8 of 31 games.

And.....in my initial post I did not mention Archie, IU etc but was pointing out that UM is looking good, most people, even knowing who was coming back, picked them 5th or 6th in the BT and that he had lost his three top scorers but had a good core from a winning program. What is disputable about that?

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

McSwain started 8 of 31 games.

I guessing the starts at the five mainly went to McSwain and Hartman once Davis got hurt.

i guess you could call Juwan the five too, but while he was an excellent college player, when he’s the five that’s rough.

Returning role players from a team that lost in the first round of the NIT to Georgia Tech. Lol just a little different then having returning players that played in the championship game and from B1G tourney championship teams

Come on now... this isn’t fair at all. You really think those two are better than Newkirk, Johnson and Morgan? These aren’t just players from an NIT team but players from a BigTen championship team and also a sweet 16 team. Very selective look at these guys for sure

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Returning role players from a team that lost in the first round of the NIT to Georgia Tech. Lol just a little different then having returning players that played in the championship game and from B1G tourney championship teams

Who said it was equal? My post did not even compare UM to IU. Can we not say a first year coach is off to a good start? 

He was attempting to lol

He might not want to take this up but I will. I would take Morgan and Rojo over Teske and Simpson any day, not to mention Newkirk, Davis, Green etc. he had pieces.

This Michigan team is not loaded with studs, just pieces that are working well together, something IU has had but hasn’t gotten to work the past few seasons.

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He might not want to take this up but I will. I would take Morgan and Rojo over Teske and Simpson any day, not to mention Newkirk, Davis, Green etc. he had pieces.

This Michigan team is not loaded with studs, just pieces that are working well together, something IU has had but hasn’t gotten to work the past few seasons.

I’m a fan of Juwan and RoJo, but in my opinion, anyone that thinks they were a more effective duo than Teske and Simpson is wearing crimson glasses.

Come on now... this isn’t fair at all. You really think those two are better than Newkirk, Johnson and Morgan? These aren’t just players from an NIT team but players from a BigTen championship team and also a sweet 16 team. Very selective look at these guys for sure

Juwan started 0 games as a freshman during the B1G championship, sweet 16 year and averaged 9 min and 2 pts a game, Newkirk didn’t play a second that year because he was sitting out as a redshirt. Rob played 24 min a game and started 22 games , 8 pts a game.

I absolutely think Xavier Simpson is a better college player then Rob or newkirk and I’m not sure it’s even close. Simpson is a type of pg I want on my team. Livers started 22 games as a freshman including starting along side Simpson in the National Title game. Teske had a big jump in his junior year just like Morgan did.