Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, it’s true. We can make excuses with the best of them. Why else would Indiana still have a top 10 program (financially/fan support) otherwise.

Just like Crean’s first three seasons. Louisville just went through the basketball scandal of the half century and look at them now. That’s on administration, coach, and others.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Why have expectations when we can have excuses 

Yeah...could be.  Did you know New Castle is brewed in Cslifornia now?  It just doesn't taste the same.  
I watch excuses evaporate as I see results stagnate.  

Learn something new everyday. Did you know the best way to enjoy a nitro milk stout is to hard pour it into your Pilsner? It just taste better

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Learn something new everyday. Did you know the best way to enjoy a nitro milk stout is to hard pour it into your Pilsner? It just taste better

Love me a nitro, enjoying a bourbon county stout right now, having my gravy and beer at the same time.

Watching Michigan today I was impressed. Howard didn’t inherit a team of scrubs but he also didn’t inherit any sure fire nba guys either. They are just solid from 1-8 and I hope IU turns out to be as well once we start playing legitimate teams here soon.

This bigten seems to be very lopsided with OSU, UM , MU and maybe MSU at the top and then a million question marks there after. No reason IU can’t be 5th place behind those 4. Will see

Love me a nitro, enjoying a bourbon county stout right now, having my gravy and beer at the same time.

Watching Michigan today I was impressed. Howard didn’t inherit a team of scrubs but he also didn’t inherit any sure fire nba guys either. They are just solid from 1-8 and I hope IU turns out to be as well once we start playing legitimate teams here soon.

This bigten seems to be very lopsided with OSU, UM , MU and maybe MSU at the top and then a million question marks there after. No reason IU can’t be 5th place behind those 4. Will see

Drinking a Left Hand Nitro milk stout as I type. He might not inherited an NBA guy but he did inherit a bunch of upper class-men from a winning program that are good college players. Livers and Simpson both started in the national title game against Nova. Not a bad core to have for your first year of coaching

Just like when coaches inherit a bad team and you have to wait 3 years or so to see what type of coach they will be the same can be said with Howard and the types of players he brings in and how he develops them. He was set up for success this year with the roster he was left so let’s see how he does in years 2-4

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hot take: FSU will be called for multiple traveling violations in Assembly Hall.

They had about three on one possession against Tennessee and zero were called.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That’ll be a tough game. Tallest and longest team in the nation. Have to be smart on the offensive end.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s the difference between a coach inheriting Jon Teske  at center and Simpson at point versus inheriting McSwain at center and Newkirk at point.

And Archie went 9-9 in conference with his first team.

LOL. You mention only McSwain and Newkirk, as if he inherited Creans first team, but not Robert Johnson, Hartman, Al, Green, Smith, Morgan or Davis.......Yes, Teske is very good but Howard did lose over 60% of their scoring. It’s waaaaaayyyyy to early for Howard to receive a victory flag but he is off to a good start.

LOL. You mention only McSwain and Newkirk, as if he inherited Creans first team, but not Robert Johnson, Hartman, Al, Green, Smith, Morgan or Davis.......Yes, Teske is very good but Howard did lose over 60% of their scoring. It’s waaaaaayyyyy to early for Howard to receive a victory flag but he is off to a good start.

That’s right. I think many like to underplay the talent that returned Archie’s first 2 seasons as if we were naturally a bottom feeder. Those teams had talent; maybe not bigten championship talent but enough not to get smoked by ISU and IPFW and go on 10 game losing streaks.

41 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

He had Morgan and RoJo. Davis only played in 15 games. Hartman was hurt a fair part of the year too. 
Al and Smith were freshmen, and Green was a very erratic sophomore.

Surely you’re not comparing any of them to Teske or Simpson.