Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I agree with the second paragraph but am still in the camp that does not like the schedule. As mentioned before we do not need a murderers row schedule but a few more 100-150 teams, roughly like Louisiana Tech, instead of the nearly 300 type teams  ,would be nice. Sagarin has our schedule so far ranked at 345. INDIANA has the 345th ranked SOS so far. Those cupcakes are too sweet.  I say this knowing it won’t matter al all if we make the tourney etc but I still would like the schedule tweaked.

24 of a possible 31 regular season games will be played against high major teams. From December through March 0 mid major or low major teams are on the schedule. It just happens all of our mid major to low major games are in November. For reference IU’s schedule is tracking like Maryland’s was last year which ended up in the top 30’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hurt is still a bad man, imo. Problem is he is 4th option there and they aren’t using his strengths. Carey, Jones, Stanley get all the ball time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

His AAU teammates Zeke and Tyrell Terry are on fire as well. Terry is going to be a stud

6 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Kudos to Chris Mack. In his 2nd year! Amazing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It could still happen but I thought the NCAA was going to blow up Louisville and thought they would be “down” for at least five years. It is amazing/surprising that they have performed and recruited with such a cloud over their head.

Also kudos to Beard at Texas Tech. They made the Elite 8 in his second year, Champioship game in his third year and are ranked 12th this year. At Texas Tech! Think that is one of the most impressive stories of the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It could still happen but I thought the NCAA was going to blow up Louisville and thought they would be “down” for at least five years. It is amazing/surprising that they have performed and recruited with such a cloud over their head.

Also kudos to Beard at Texas Tech. They made the Elite 8 in his second year, Champioship game in his third year and are ranked 12th this year. At Texas Tech! Think that is one of the most impressive stories of the last 5 years.

Yet some people would have you believe that making the tourney in year 2 was unrealistic 

25 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I understand scheduling according to the lineup but 345th? It wasn’t that long ago that people were clamoring to add UK, AZ, Kansas type teams and now playing 100-150th ranked teams is deemed too tough.

EDIT: we are 344th, not 345th. Marist is 345th.

I get that we as fans want to see more competitive games. Pounding overmatched teams doesn't really do much for us. It's boring. But, I just don't think we know nearly as much about this team and what it needs as he does. And, I don't think he cares all that much how we feel about the scheduling. As others have noted, the schedule gets significantly tougher next year. I can see a bit of Coach Knight in CAM's approach to building a team.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein -

Kentucky's Nate Sestina will miss approximately four weeks due to a fractured left wrist, per release. Had surgery this morning.

Paging Keion Brooks.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

So so true. Calipari is into year twelve, and will very likely not it get it done this year.

Nova, UVA? They get it. 

Archie gets it too, and the eventual results will show. You think we've played pretty well so far? Archie thinks our defense kinda sucks so far, and with the veteran group he has that's gonna be addressed and improved. Next year will be even better. I'll betcha that IU and Purdue are two of the top three or four teams in the B1G next year.

The order of progression:

1. Get old. 
  2. Stay old.
  3. Win a lot, and consistently.
  4. And we will.

* with talent

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I get that we as fans want to see more competitive games. Pounding overmatched teams doesn't really do much for us. It's boring. But, I just don't think we know nearly as much about this team and what it needs as he does. And, I don't think he cares all that much how we feel about the scheduling. As others have noted, the schedule gets significantly tougher next year. I can see a bit of Coach Knight in CAM's approach to building a team.

We will see what we have starting Tuesday (I’m going to the game and can’t wait). Tuesday starts a stretch of 7 games that will be challenging and fun (I hope) to watch. Just wish we had a 100% Rob.

So so true. Calipari is into year twelve, and will very likely not it get it done this year.
Nova, UVA? They get it. 
Archie gets it too, and the eventual results will show. You think we've played pretty well so far? Archie thinks our defense kinda sucks so far, and with the veteran group he has that's gonna be addressed and improved. Next year will be even better. I'll betcha that IU and Purdue are two of the top three or four teams in the B1G next year.
The order of progression:
  1. Get old. 
  2. Stay old.
  3. Win a lot, and consistently.
  4. And we will.

You have to collect talent and build at the same time. That’s how UVa won last year. That’s how Nova won twice. That’s how UNC has won.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

In bold....this is 100% incorrect.  

In red, only if you watch only for the score.   That's absolutely your prerogative; but it's not boring if you're watching our players and our team develop rather than the score.

In purple, disagree with this, too.  I think we know a lot about this team.  What don't you know?  Without the crystal ball stuff like "what will happen if ____," what don't we know?  What haven't you seen?   Serious question.  

You have to collect talent and build at the same time. That’s how UVa won last year. That’s how Nova won twice. That’s how UNC has won.

Talent comes in many forms. Talent can be a top 50 kid that makes an impact right away, talent can be a top 50 kid that only plays 12 min a game and 7 pts his freshman year and then gets stronger and older his later years, talent can be a kid that was committed to UC Davis until peach jam ranked in the 300’s then wins peach jam finals mvp and reopens his commitment and eventually contributes his freshman year on a national title team, talent can be a kid the kid ranked over 100 that works his butt off and by the time he is a senior his on the wooden watch.

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

In purple, disagree with this, too.  I think we know a lot about this team.  What don't you know?  Without the crystal ball stuff like "what will happen if ____," what don't we know?  What haven't you seen?   Serious question.  

We haven't seen how they respond to getting behind 10-12 pts. have we?