Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

For somebody with Kenpom. What odds are they giving us for at Wisconsin out of curiosity 

Don’t know the answer to that but, I do know the last time we won there. Me more than anyone. 1998. 21 years ago. In 2018, an injury plagued Badgers squad whooped Indiana, having played 2 walk on’s and 3 freshman more than 20 minutes a piece. I was there. If we couldn’t beat them that night, we probably won’t now. That place is brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Don’t know the answer to that but, I do know the last time we won there. Me more than anyone. 1998. 21 years ago. In 2018, an injury plagued Badgers squad whooped Indiana, having played 2 walk on’s and 3 freshman more than 20 minutes a piece. I was there. If we couldn’t beat them that night, we probably won’t now. That place is brutal.

That Wisconsin team finished right next to Indiana in the final Kenpom rankings. Right now we are like 30 spots above them. We are a much better team than the one two years ago

That Wisconsin team finished right next to Indiana in the final Kenpom rankings. Right now we are like 30 spots above them. We are a much better team than the one two years ago

I don’t know if we’re better or not yet. I do know the team has not been tested. Not even close. And we’re talking about winning our first road game of the season in a place no Indiana squad has won in over 20 years. We aim high I guess. Everyone seems to think we have a shot, why not me? I’m on the bandwagon I suppose. Im more optimistic than normal, yet still.....20 years. You know I’ve been to all of them right? Yep, every last one....I think I know what’s coming, but I’m going to stick with y’all and say IU has a legit shot. May even win.

Both running good offense. Toppin is a beast

Dayton is a really fun team to watch. Look out for them come tourney time...wouldn’t want to see them in my bracket. Toppin has to be a potential lottery pick next year. That kid is oozing potential and has crazy control and athleticism for someone his size.

35 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

We went 22 years between wins in East Lansing (1991-2013). I remember thinking how crazy that was at the time, and we've now reached 22 years between wins in Madison (this will be the 2020 Big Ten season). 

It's absolutely mind-boggling that a program with our history and records would go that long without winning somewhere. I blame 15 combined years of Mike Davis and Tom Crean and the culture of softness they instilled here. 

You know what's even crazier? It took them over 30 years to win a game in our building, yet since then, they've won here more than any other Big Ten team, and beaten us here more than we've beaten them. They've reaped the benefits of having cerebral athletic directors who aren't worried about hurting people's feelings or being accused of racism, while we've paid the price for doing the opposite. Maybe we're on a path now to reversing that trend...who knows. Ok, time to get off my "why IU basketball isn't fun and it pisses me off" soapbox. 

We went 22 years between wins in East Lansing (1991-2013). I remember thinking how crazy that was at the time, and we've now reached 22 years between wins in Madison (this will be the 2020 Big Ten season). 

It's absolutely mind-boggling that a program with our history and records would go that long without winning somewhere. I blame 15 combined years of Mike Davis and Tom Crean and the culture of softness they instilled here. 

You know what's even crazier? It took them over 30 years to win a game in our building, yet since then, they've won here more than any other Big Ten team, and beaten us here more than we've beaten them. They've reaped the benefits of having cerebral athletic directors who aren't worried about hurting people's feelings or being accused of racism, while we've paid the price for doing the opposite. Maybe we're on a path now to reversing that trend...who knows. Ok, time to get off my "why IU basketball isn't fun and it pisses me off" soapbox. 

I remember a time when losing even a single game to Wisconsin was unthinkable. Couldn’t convince me it could happen. I believe it not only took them 30 years to win at assembly, it took them about that just to win period. Badger fans have no memory of this. I assure you. Maybe this will be the start of us forgetting.