Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/memphis-wiseman-cleared-compete-jan-12
Wiseman got 12 games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Does Wiseman come back at all?  Potential number 1 draft pick, why would he take that risk for six weeks or so of college basketball.  And where does he get $11,500...lol.  I suspect he will not see the floor the rest of the season. 

Cheating wins folks, cheating wins. Until you play Virginia. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Emery from BYU got about the same. Wiseman got 3 extra games for the 3 games they played him. If they would of accepted it instead of fighting it he would of only missed 7 games because they could of counted 2 exhibition games. Memphis is appealing the ruling

Day basketball on tomorrow just a heads up. Holiday tournaments starting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Myrtle Beach invitational and Charleston classic. Middle Tenn/Nova and Missouri St/Miami start at 11:30. Good day to be off

They cannot pronounce Cockburn on BTN for Illinois, keep calling him Coburn. Poor Kofi, but with that name...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve watched them play 3 times now and every announcer has pronounced it Coburn...never heard of a silent “ck” before.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

North Carolina getting whooped by Elon(Ken Pom 325) at home. This shouldn’t be happening in Roy’s 17th year at North Carolina

Ha

If the NCAA had gonads he shouldn’t even be coaching.

The UNC fans, however misguided, will probably forgive him since he has made the tourney 15/16 years, won the ACC 9 times, reached the sweet 16 or better 10/16 years and has won it all 3 times.  Guess you can become a good basketball player if you don’t have to worry about those pesky classes. I’d like to applaud their consistency but view them as a scummy program.