Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

58 minutes ago, jk34 said:

So you're saying the 4's and 5's are less skilled in the post, but better on the perimeter?  I don't see many 6'9 point guards winning championships nowadays either. There has always been star power, now there's the internet and social media. Bigger and stronger does not necessarily mean more athleticism. 

C5E13398-B850-48C0-B35D-71D072A56E2D.jpeg

That’s actually *exactly* what it means.  

So Shaq  and Wilt were the best athletes to ever play the game?

You could make that argument if you want. Especially Shaq. To be that large and that mobile and coordinated. The game has never really seen it. Especially prime Shaq.

LeBron is probably the best “athlete” to play the game though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You could make that argument if you want. Especially Shaq. To be that large and that mobile and coordinated. The game has never really seen it. Especially prime Shaq.

LeBron is probably the best “athlete” to play the game though.

I remember seeing him in the McDonald's game. Got a rebound, took it coast to coast,  and finished with a thunderous dunk. He was truly a specimen! That LSU team we beat was very talented. Thank goodness Dale Brown was coaching that team.lol

So you're saying the 4's and 5's are less skilled in the post, but better on the perimeter?  I don't see many 6'9 point guards winning championships nowadays either. There has always been star power, now there's the internet and social media. Bigger and stronger does not necessarily mean more athleticism. 

Who says they are less skilled? Joel Embiid, Al Horford, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Nikola Jokic, Nikola Vucevic, Demarcus Cousins(when healthy), Lauri Markkanen, Anthony Davis, Kristaps Porzingis, Blake Griffin, Karl Anthony Towns, Jaren Jackson, Marvin Bagley, Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, Deandre Ayton and plenty of others are good in the post but can also be trusted to post up and make a play. And you have your rim runners like Clint Capela, Jarrett Allen, DeAndre Jordan, Hassan Whiteside, Rudy Gobert and others. It’s Avery talented league. And the idea that good big men don’t exist is a massive myth.

Released my Top 25 for CBB
1. Duke(2)
2. Louisville(3)
3. Kansas(4)
4. Michigan State(5)
5. North Carolina(6)
6. Maryland(7)
7. Gonzaga(8)
8. Ohio State(11)
9. Virginia(9)
10. Oregon(10)
11. Kentucky(1)
12. Texas Tech(14)
13. Arizona(16)
14. Seton Hall(15)
15. Xavier(19)
16. Auburn(20)
17. Memphis(12)
18. Tennessee(25)
19. Texas(22)
20. VCU(NR)
21. Utah State(24)
22. Villanova(13)
23. Oklahoma(24)
24. Colorado(NR)
25. Indiana(NR)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Released my Top 25 for CBB
1. Duke(2)
2. Louisville(3)
3. Kansas(4)
4. Michigan State(5)
5. North Carolina(6)
6. Maryland(7)
7. Gonzaga(8)
8. Ohio State(11)
9. Virginia(9)
10. Oregon(10)
11. Kentucky(1)
12. Texas Tech(14)
13. Arizona(16)
14. Seton Hall(15)
15. Xavier(19)
16. Auburn(20)
17. Memphis(12)
18. Tennessee(25)
19. Texas(22)
20. VCU(NR)
21. Utah State(24)
22. Villanova(13)
23. Oklahoma(24)
24. Colorado(NR)
25. Indiana(NR)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No Vermont?

No Vermont?

No Vermont or Liberty yet. But if both keep it up like expected, they’ll be there eventually. Liberty has two great chances against Vanderbilt and LSU. Candy isn’t a great win but for a school like Liberty, it is. Vermont has Virginia next, which if they can stay within 20, that’ll be good for them. They have Cincy as well which is winnable for them.

No Vermont or Liberty yet. But if both keep it up like expected, they’ll be there eventually. Liberty has two great chances against Vanderbilt and LSU. Candy isn’t a great win but for a school like Liberty, it is. Vermont has Virginia next, which if they can stay within 20, that’ll be good for them. They have Cincy as well which is winnable for them.

Vermont has 2 top 150 Ken Pom road wins(Bucknell, St Bonaventure) and a top 100 Ken Pom road win against St Johns. Not world beaters but definitely better then some in your top 25. Colorado is a solid team

Vermont has 2 top 150 Ken Pom road wins(Bucknell, St Bonaventure) and a top 100 Ken Pom road win against St Johns. Not world beaters but definitely better then some in your top 25. Colorado is a solid team

I don’t follow Kenpom. Or any single rating system because they all have too many flaws. Would rather use a composite rating system. Mainly based on opinion of where I feel teams stand.

I don’t follow Kenpom. Or any single rating system because they all have too many flaws. Would rather use a composite rating system. Mainly based on opinion of where I feel teams stand.

Without using any rating system. 3 road wins in the first 4 games of the season should be recognized by the AP in my opinion

Without using any rating system. 3 road wins in the first 4 games of the season should be recognized by the AP in my opinion

I would say they should get votes. They are beating the same type of teams as everyone else. And we know Vermont is good because we’ve seen it the past few years. Vermont ended up getting 11 votes in the AP. Liberty got 4. Evansville got 43.