Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Last night Missouri St got screwed on a flopping call at Xavier. Game tied under a minute and Missouri St kid falls after the 3 point shot. Refs go to monitor and issue a one shot technical since they have been warned earlier. Brutal call at that point in the game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Last night Missouri St got screwed on a flopping call at Xavier. Game tied under a minute and Missouri St kid falls after the 3 point shot. Refs go to monitor and issue a one shot technical since they have been warned earlier. Brutal call at that point in the game

I didn’t see the play, but if it’s as you described I love that call. I’m so sick and tired of guys purposely falling down after taking jumpers in a clear attempt to bait refs into bad calls. That’s one play I’m all for being legislated out of the game. 

I watched about 10 minutes of a Miami Heat game this season and in that span Tyler Herro drew bogus fouls three separate times on 3pt attempts by falling down on purpose when nobody touched him. 

I agree and it seemed as if the Missouri State player was almost trying to avoid contact and moved out of the defender’s way even though the Xavier player even clearly hits his wrist. I thought that was a horrible call and ultimately costs them the game. I understand the new rule change and am for it but on a situation like that I don’t think that warranted a “flop” call. He didn’t flail or try to make it seem like he got hit IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I didn’t see the play, but if it’s as you described I love that call. I’m so sick and tired of guys purposely falling down after taking jumpers in a clear attempt to bait refs into bad calls. That’s one play I’m all for being legislated out of the game. 

I watched about 10 minutes of a Miami Heat game this season and in that span Tyler Herro drew bogus fouls three separate times on 3pt attempts by falling down on purpose when nobody touched him. 

When I was in high school, our student section would have everyone fall over backwards every time our team made a three, specifically as a way to mock shooters who would fall down after a shot.

Tough call with under a min left in a tied game in my opinion

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tough call with under a min left in a tied game in my opinion

I agree, tough in that spot. But, that play needs to be legislated out of the game. What if they had called a foul on the defender? That’s would have been worse IMO, and there are tons of times in college and the NBA where refs are baited into calls when the shooter falls down purposely. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I agree, tough in that spot. But, that play needs to be legislated out of the game. What if they had called a foul on the defender? That’s would have been worse IMO, and there are tons of times in college and the NBA where refs are baited into calls when the shooter falls down purposely. 

I think an easy answer to this is just call..nothing. Refs should be able to discern that and to give the other team points because of it is too much for me. Or, be able to review a foul call like that late in the game. Xavier should not win because the dude fell down, IMO.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

La Tech plays at 6 on FS2 if anyone wants to check them out before the IU game. They are playing Creighton

La Tech not defending the line at all. Creighton with 6 3’s in the first 8 mins, all of them wide open looks. And, man, is Ballock a fun watch. Good, good player. Had a Crean offer, I believe.

I think an easy answer to this is just call..nothing. Refs should be able to discern that and to give the other team points because of it is too much for me. Or, be able to review a foul call like that late in the game. Xavier should not win because the dude fell down, IMO.

It’d be best to just call nothing. If one of the refs see it isn’t a foul, they should consult with the other ref and make a decision.

I will go ahead and proclaim this season to be a shizshow.

I will proclaim this season will be entertaining and enjoyable to watch. Just like every year is. Tennessee still has some nice pieces from last years team and added some talent. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.