Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Who was “Joe” before he was chicken sandwich and Joe Delow? He has a familiar “WTH” type of posting style. I also don’t recall that username being used while he was Joe DeLow. I’m

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was Macho Man Randy Savage.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Very good one so far with Illinois/Zona. Zona up 2 at under 8 TO in the first. Zona going to really good later in the season. Illini will better then some like on here.

They were 12-21 last year.

They added a good true big, but he is one of only have two guys over 6’6” that will play. They also have no backup point. They are an injury to one of their bigs away from being a 12 win team again.

If they win  about 16 games they will have had a decent year.

I just cannot imagine that they will be a tourney team.

38 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Maryland Football was really good too.

I’ve never been sold on Underwood. He’s Tom Crean without Glasses and a Diet Coke.

I think that as a coach you’re right; but Tom Crean is a really good guy and I’m pretty sure that Underwood is harder to root for.

Wow. I hadn't seen this. Really sad story. It appears as if Cassius Winston's younger brother, also a college basketball player, may have committed suicide. (Stories say he stepped in front of an Amtrak train, so I'm guessing that's the case). 

Man, that's too bad. 

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/mid-major-scheduling-where-can-teams-go-for-quality-games/
I said last year Mid majors needed to get creative in their scheduling since the deck was stacked against them. Looks like some might be moving in that direction. I knew the data before this article but to see it written out just shows the struggle mid majors have at getting at large bids.

Memphis may be in for a little more than it bargained for based on the NCAA's Restitution Rule implemented in 1975.   The issue is that the NCAA does not want to send attorneys to a courtroom every time they issue a ruling that a school or athlete disagrees with.  The members agree to abide by NCAA findings because the alternative is expensive courtroom chaos.  Among the available penalties are postseason ineligibility, forfeiture of TV revenue, and vacated wins.

Here is the text of the rule:

If a student-athlete who is ineligible under the terms of the constitution, bylaws or other legislation of the Association is permitted to participate in intercollegiate competition contrary to such NCAA legislation but in accordance with the terms of a court restraining order or injunction operative against the institution attended by such student-athlete or against the Association, or both, and said injunction is voluntarily vacated, stayed or reversed or it is finally determined by the courts that injunctive relief is not or was not justified, the Board of Directors may take any one or more of the following actions against such institution in the interest of restitution and fairness to competing institutions:

(a) Require that [the athlete’s] individual records and performances achieved during participation by such ineligible student-athlete shall be vacated or stricken;

(b) Require that team records and performances achieved during participation by such ineligible student-athlete shall be vacated or stricken;

(c) Require that team victories achieved during participation by such ineligible student-athlete shall be abrogated and the games or events forfeited to the opposing institutions;

(d) Require that individual awards earned during participation by such ineligible student-athlete shall be returned to the Association, the sponsor or the competing institution supplying same;

(e) Require that team awards earned during participation by such ineligible student-athlete shall be returned to the Association, the sponsor or the competing institution supplying same;

(f) Determine that the institution is ineligible for one or more NCAA championships in the sports and in the seasons in which such ineligible student- athlete participated;

(g) Determine that the institution is ineligible for invitational and postseason meets and tournaments in the sports and in the seasons in which such ineligible student-athlete participated;

(h) Require that the institution shall remit to the NCAA the institution’s share of television receipts (other than the portion shared with other conference members) for appearing on any live television series or program if such ineligible student-athlete participates in the contest(s) selected for such telecast, or if the Board of Directors concludes that the institution would not have been selected for such telecast but for the participation of such ineligible student-athlete during the season of the telecast; any such funds thus remitted shall be devoted to the NCAA postgraduate scholarship program; and

(i) Require that the institution that has been represented in an NCAA championship by such a student-athlete shall be assessed a financial penalty as determined by the Committee on Infractions.