Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

South Dakota st hits a three to tie it up with 34 sec left. Jackrabbits vs the roadrunners has been entertaining. Not as entertaining as the local commentators for Bakersfield. This classic homer calls lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2OT. This game is over the top entertaining. Leave up to the summit league/WAC challenge game to steal the night. This is awesome

12 hours ago, Demo said:

Serious question: Has there been a change of emphasis for this year on block/charge calls that de-emphasizes squared up contact? I’ve seen at least a half dozen charges called so far where the driver has caught the defender at an angle without the defender being set. Just saw 2 in 5 mins in the PU-UT and SLU-Valpo games. They look like obvious blocks.

I thought I saw where flopping would now be assessed a technical foul and automatically thought Duke would be in trouble. There must be lots going on with this call.

56 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I thought I saw where flopping would now be assessed a technical foul and automatically thought Duke would be in trouble. There must be lots going on with this call.

It's a warning for the first flop and then a 2-shot technical for the second and any subsequent flops.   The same applies to a delay of game call  --  first one a warning and then 2-shot technicals thereafter.  And they're not independent so if you get one warning for a flop and then a delay of game call, it will be a 2-shot technical.  This is what happened to us in yesterday's game.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's a warning for the first flop and then a 2-shot technical for the second and any subsequent flops.   The same applies to a delay of game call  --  first one a warning and then 2-shot technicals thereafter.  And they're not independent so if you get one warning for a flop and then a delay of game call, it will be a 2-shot technical.  This is what happened to us in yesterday's game.

I didn’t see the game; thank you.

All of basketball would be so much better off without the block/charge call. Same as the NBA getting rid of the “gather” and then two steps and continuation. And college basketball going to 4 quarters. I think they will get there with the 4 quarters thing eventually. Just like it took time to finally move the 3pt line back.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Look at these stellar shooting percentages from Florida vs Florida State, will be interesting to see where they end up for this game.d89933fe0166a1c8e27c34879ddc2ec2.jpg&key=2e85d3e843e2649c7a51bcbba1d6b9c8ac1dca67c7be523d2bfe5cbd9f22588d

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Yikes. Shooting has seemed off early in the year for a lot of the games I have watched. Games have still been pretty good. Hopefully it comes around.

Boston college/South Florida
Wyoming/South Carolina
starts the day out

Florida St /Florida
Illinois/Arizona
UCLA/UCSB
Are some other games to watch

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Definitely going to check out that FSU/UF game.

24 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

Look at these stellar shooting percentages from Florida vs Florida State, will be interesting to see where they end up for this game.d89933fe0166a1c8e27c34879ddc2ec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

When ya move back that 3PT line and guys still want to shoot them, it goes down.

When ya move back that 3PT line and guys still want to shoot them, it goes down.

Definitely true. It just feels it’s exasperated more than it should to this point. I know people hate our shooting, but the reality is we are a middle of the pack shooting team and that is a huge improvement with the adjustment in the line. If that holds true I am cool with that. I still feel we can and will improve defensively.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Definitely true. It just feels it’s exasperated more than it should to this point. I know people hate our shooting, but the reality is we are a middle of the pack shooting team and that is a huge improvement with the adjustment in the line. If that holds true I am cool with that. I still feel we can and will improve defensively.

We’re middle of the pack against two cupcakes. We need to stay middle of the pack 

We’re middle of the pack against two cupcakes. We need to stay middle of the pack 

Completely agree. I think we get better with Green but will take a step back against better competition. So long winded way of saying I think we can stay in a similar spot or slightly move up.

An FSU victory over #6 UF bodes well for us down the line for SOS and a good tier one win. Hopefully we can get the job done in the Hall!

Florida St was Ken Pom 16 going into this game and Florida was 13. Quality Quad 1 win for the Seminoles. Florida St is a very underrated ACC program

Florida St was Ken Pom 16 going into this game and Florida was 13. Quality Quad 1 win for the Seminoles. Florida St is a very underrated ACC program

Leonard Hamilton has a system and knows what he’s doing. Get long and athletic players virtually at every position. Outsize and out athlete your opponent.

I like our odds at home though.