Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Serious question: Has there been a change of emphasis for this year on block/charge calls that de-emphasizes squared up contact? I’ve seen at least a half dozen charges called so far where the driver has caught the defender at an angle without the defender being set. Just saw 2 in 5 mins in the PU-UT and SLU-Valpo games. They look like obvious blocks.

All basketball leagues would do themselves a great service by getting rid of the charge/block call altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Purdue hosed on their own home court.

And I am not upset.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I watched  the first half then quit assuming Purdoo would grind it out, glad to hear they got hosed. Eff the rest of the B1G, I'm going scorched earth, I want them all to lose. 

21 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I watched  the first half then quit assuming Purdoo would grind it out, glad to hear they got hosed. Eff the rest of the B1G, I'm going scorched earth, I want them all to lose. 

Problem is that we need the Big 10 to do well so the games we play against Big 10 teams will be considered quality wins.  It is definitely to our advantage to have the Big 10 considered the best league.  That said I can't for any reason root for Purdue.

So if two guys run into each other don’t call nuttin?

Depends. You can still call offensive and defensive fouls. But a guy wouldn’t be allowed to just park himself and get ran over. You can argue how inconsistent refs are at calling it and safety. A defender either goes up and contest a shot or gets out of the way. And offensive players could still be called for offensive fouls.

Bakersfield is up 4 with under 4 min to go

South Dakota st hits a three to tie it up with 34 sec left. Jackrabbits vs the roadrunners has been entertaining. Not as entertaining as the local commentators for Bakersfield. This classic homer calls lol