Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Nothing will happen. It’s completely unbelievable what IU endured as a result of Sampson and yet no one else gets punished and when they try, a local judge (who’s probably an alumni) reverses it. Meanwhile Kansas is also playing kids who got paid. Why were phone calls such a big deal if bottom feeder programs like Memphis can pay kids. Rant over, just absolutely tired of the BS 

This has been brought up a number of times but it wasn’t Sampson or the ncaa that destroyed IU it was McRobbie and the Indianan administration- we destroyed our own program.

Had we not self reported and self punished and aired our dirty laundry and hired a guy hell bent on starting over from scratch with all walk-ons we would never have sunk to the depths we did.

Iu built the blueprint for every other university on what not to do

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The restraining order is BS. The school admitted his family was given the money. He should be held out regardless. 

The problem is we’re talking about holding out a kid, Penny is the one who should be ineligible for the season. Until the NCAA hammers coaches instead of kids, nothing will change. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

The problem is we’re talking about holding out a kid, Penny is the one who should be ineligible for the season. Until the NCAA hammers coaches instead of kids, nothing will change. 

And with how slow the NCAA does work, it likely won't have a ruling on Wiseman until the season is over and he is NBA bound...

Awesome atmosphere at the Grand Canyon/Illinois game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Watching a game at Grand Canyon U is actually on my sports bucket list. Always one of the best atmospheres in college basketball no matter the opponent. Would love to witness the Purple Pre-Game Party in person.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Rick Bozich - 

March 2017:  Northwestern beats Vandy, takes Gonzaga to the wire in NCAA Tournament.  Medill:  Here comes the recruiting mojo.  Can we keep Chris Collins?  November 2019:  Merrimack 71, Northwestern 61.

lol

Man I hope Duke hires him