Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

https://kenpom.com/
New rankings for upcoming season

IU-34

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

19-12 (10-10) for those interested. Ken Pom is a great follow and his site is a must for any hoops junkies. Having said that many put too much stock in his rankings good or bad. It’s always interesting watching his numbers change throughout the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19-12 (10-10) for those interested. Ken Pom is a great follow and his site is a must for any hoops junkies. Having said that many put too much stock in his rankings good or bad. It’s always interesting watching his numbers change throughout the season.

That likely puts us on the bubble again

That likely puts us on the bubble again

Finishing 10-10 in conference and having 19 wins overall would put us in comfortably if that were to happen. I’m just going by committee’s past actions with power 5 teams that finished .500 or better in conference. Last Ohio St went 8-12 with 0 top 40 wins in conference and still avoided the First 4.

Simple answer it would depend on the quality of the 19 wins at the end of the season to determine if the would be on the bubble or not

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Think I’m going to pay for it this year

Scrimmage: Indiana State 81, SEMO 65 at Bankers Life Arena. Indiana State had 5 guys in double figures led by Christian Williams with 16. Q. Wilson with 15 pts 9 reb. for SEMO.
Jeff Goodman

Hopefully a better year for the sycamores this year

I have released my College Basketball Top 25!
1. Kentucky
2. Michigan State
3. Kansas
4. Louisville
5. Duke
6. Florida
7. North Carolina
8. Maryland
9. Gonzaga
10. Virginia
11. Oregon
12. Ohio State
13. Memphis
14. Villanova
15. Texas Tech
16. Seton Hall
17. LSU
18. Arizona
19. Xavier
20. Auburn
21. Utah State
22. Tennessee
23. Purdue
24. VCU
25. Saint Mary’s

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I have released my College Basketball Top 25!
1. Kentucky
2. Michigan State
3. Kansas
4. Louisville
5. Duke
6. Florida
7. North Carolina
8. Maryland
9. Gonzaga
10. Virginia
11. Oregon
12. Ohio State
13. Memphis
14. Villanova
15. Texas Tech
16. Seton Hall
17. LSU
18. Arizona
19. Xavier
20. Auburn
21. Utah State
22. Tennessee
23. Purdue
24. VCU
25. Saint Mary’s

Great discussion fodder. I loathe Kentucky, but I agree - this year they have enough experience to merit a pre-season #1.

I also loathe Purdue, but methinks they are quite a bit better than 23rd. They are surely better than LSU, Tennessee, Xavier, TTech, and more than a few others listed above them.

Great discussion fodder. I loathe Kentucky, but I agree - this year they have enough experience to merit a pre-season #1.

I also loathe Purdue, but methinks they are quite a bit better than 23rd. They are surely better than LSU, Tennessee, Xavier, TTech, and more than a few others listed above them.

All of those teams have plenty to prove. I just want to see Purdue prove they can win without Edwards. They lost a lot with him solely and it’s hard to replace that. I think we saw that when Yogi left. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved into the Top 15 in the first few weeks.

Edit: UK will be good and athletic and have some sophomores leading the way. MSU will be good but I think UK is more talented and deeper. MSU’s bench will be their problem.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

All of those teams have plenty to prove. I just want to see Purdue prove they can win without Edwards. They lost a lot with him solely and it’s hard to replace that. I think we saw that when Yogi left. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved into the Top 15 in the first few weeks.

Edit: UK will be good and athletic and have some sophomores leading the way. MSU will be good but I think UK is more talented and deeper. MSU’s bench will be their problem.

UK has a junior likely starting at center, a sophomore pg who played a ton last year, and the Bucknell grad transfer senior stretch 4 that may start. For UK this a grey-beard team.

Appreciate the work, fellow--albeit inferior--sandwich.

I can't do those things without getting emotional about it.  IU would be 25th out of pure fandom.  Nope, make that 24th, so Purdue could be 25th.  Louisville would get docked because I'm mad at them for also pursuing Lander.  Memphis because I want to build the narrative that NBA guys can't necessarily coach.  And so on.  

Even as a fan I am able to separate myself from fandom and writer/poll maker. I hate it, but I have to to be taken even slightly serious. But I do give some smaller schools a chance every year just because it is cool to see when there is some tiny school that is 15-0 or something crazy. The AP is supposed to be releasing their Top 25 today(?). I want to see how close mine is to theirs because I always try and put my Top 25 out before theirs so people don’t think I just copy off them.

Definitely put them on your radar. They are @Vandy and @LSU in December

Davidson has 2 studs in the backcourt keep an eye on them as well

I had Davidson on my list. I originally wrote down 46 teams to look at for the Top 25.