Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Take the time to read this article from July 2012.  You'll be glad you did.  Emmett's relationship with The General and how hard he pushed himself.

https://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20040119-article24

10 hours ago, pumpfake said:

Wow.  That is a significant blow to their (PU's) recruiting hopes (at least the message board crowd).  It would seem they are down to only one target that they hoped to land (Dickinson).

Could take a bigger blow if Jaden Ivey decides to open it back up, as is being rumored.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/two-georgia-tech-men-s-basketball-boosters-provided-impermissible-benefits
Georgia Tech hit with a post season ban.
Interesting to see what happens with the FBI schools if this is the punishment for infractions Tech did You would think they would get hit harder

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/two-georgia-tech-men-s-basketball-boosters-provided-impermissible-benefits
Interesting to see what happens with the FBI schools if this is the punishment for infractions Tech did You would think they would get hit harder

What a world

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Georgia Tech also gets four years probation, fine of 2% of the basketball budget, loss of one scholarship for four years, eight week ban on unofficial visits and recruiting communications, reduction of three official visits, loss of 19 recruiting days. Hammered.

Georgia Tech also gets four years probation, fine of 2% of the basketball budget, loss of one scholarship for four years, eight week ban on unofficial visits and recruiting communications, reduction of three official visits, loss of 19 recruiting days. Hammered.

Wow. That is harsh as hell.

I am not sure because the Kansas boards have been saying this whole thing is NCAA saying Gassnola was a booster. If so, I would have to think this is what we will be seeing with a lot of schools outside of Louisville, Zona, and LSU. Will be interesting to follow.

Edit - Damn strippers!

I am not sure because the Kansas boards have been saying this whole thing is NCAA saying Gassnola was a booster. If so, I would have to think this is what we will be seeing with a lot of schools outside of Louisville, Zona, and LSU. Will be interesting to follow.

Edit - Damn strippers!

Tech got hit with 1 major violation and they didn’t get hit with a failure to control. Kansas got hit with 3 major violations and a failure to control.

Tech got hit with 1 major violation and they didn’t get hit with a failure to control. Kansas got hit with 3 major violations and a failure to control.

Very solid point. I can see on appeal them dropping one major but not two or three.