Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It may not show actual rape but sure as hell shows a crime. Not to mention an eye witness saying the woman was yelling for help. 

The video is certainly a bad look for him. Either the jurors received evidence to counter the video, or they didn't want to convict because he's a former Michigan State basketball star and Flint native. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The video is certainly a bad look for him. Either the jurors received evidence to counter the video, or they didn't want to convict because he's a former Michigan State basketball star and Flint native. 

Or our criminal justice system is biased against rape victims

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not biased. Rape is a hard crime to prove. 

Yeah it is. But somebody who still thinks Morgan Ellison got a raw deal and there’s nothing disreputable about repeatedly dragging a woman yelling help me into a motel room is probably never going to be able to admit that. 

32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah it is. But somebody who still thinks Morgan Ellison got a raw deal and there’s nothing disreputable about repeatedly dragging a woman yelling help me into a motel room is probably never going to be able to admit that. 

Disreputable: not considered to be respectable in character or appearance.

You: "somebody who thinks there's nothing disreputable about ..."

Me, in two separate posts, before your above comment: "The video certainly is a bad look for him."

If you want to have a conversation then I'd be happy to have one. If you want to mischaracterize and/or completely ignore what I've said then I'm not interested. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The jury DID NOT find that he “didn’t do it.”

They found that there was not sufficient evidence to support proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I did not say that the jury found that he "didn't do it". I asked brass cannon if there was anything that would convince him that he didn't do it. Going through a two week trial and being found not guilty by a jury (one that's 75% woman, at that) is enough to convince me. 

Can we move it up to tomorrow? I've been ready since my High School track Season was over.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve watched a couple teams play overseas tours so far this year. The ones that had a stream. Basketball season never really ends for me. I just recently rewatched most of last season (even the losses).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, jk34 said:

Unbelievable! What a scumbag.

Just another drop in the bucket/blip on the radar in MSU and Izzo’s program!  Multiple incidents over years and years...what a great culture he builds. Can’t wait for for the game day commentators to continue to ooze over how wonderful he is and how he builds such solid character in young men. No accountability.

7 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’ve watched a couple teams play overseas tours so far this year. The ones that had a stream. Basketball season never really ends for me. I just recently rewatched most of last season (even the losses).

You are a better man than me....or a glutton for punishment, not sure which!

18 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting. Any new thoughts or opinions after watching the season with some distance from it and probably a little more clarity (Langford’s injury, etc)?

No new opinions from what I had before. Not being able to knock down shots in certain games exposed the youth that was on this team. Untimely injuries and suspensions added to the downward spiral that a young team couldn’t overcome. I saw some people say early starts and getting down double digits happened was a major concern. I didn’t see that when I rewatched. IU was within 5 pts or leading games at the under 12 minute timeouts in most the games.
I do think that the ones where they did get down double digits stuck out so much and were so bad that they would leave a bad impression in people minds. Nebraska and Michigan at home leave a mark. They played like a team that was already beat before the game against Michigan. While people were worrying about the start of games it was the last 4 minutes(winning time) where IU’s tournament berth was lost.
Earlier in the year they won games because of their play in those crucial minutes but during the streak they found different ways to lose games in the last 4 minutes. Indiana never trailed in regulation when they played @Iowa but found a way to lose. Rob missed a FT and they bury a 3 to send it to OT where IU loses. That was just one game where IU was leading or only down 1 possession with 90 sec to go in that 12 game stretch. I can’t stress how much making shots covers up a lot of flaws for any basketball team.
The margin of error between winning and losing especially in a conference like the B1G is small. Not being able to make shots and FTs was the difference.
Last season was a weird year. As I’ve said before it was one of the craziest resumes I have ever reviewed for bracketology. 12-2 with multiple resume building wins followed by losing 12 of 13 games where in some they had a fantastic chance to win but also had games where they looked like they didn’t belong. Usually a team loses 12 games in a row have virtually no shot at being in a position to make the tourney but IU ends the year winning 4 straight conference games and multiple wins against a final 4 caliber team and another top 15 NET team. Can’t wait for the season to start

Honestly I didn’t follow bracketology as much before you shined a spotlight on it here. I have only been a few years in to following it at that level (nowhere near the the level you do), and all around not just us but the bubble was the weirdest I can recall.

No new opinions from what I had before. Not being able to knock down shots in certain games exposed the youth that was on this team. Untimely injuries and suspensions added to the downward spiral that a young team couldn’t overcome. I saw some people say early starts and getting down double digits happened was a major concern. I didn’t see that when I rewatched. IU was within 5 pts or leading games at the under 12 minute timeouts in most the games.
I do think that the ones where they did get down double digits stuck out so much and were so bad that they would leave a bad impression in people minds. Nebraska and Michigan at home leave a mark. They played like a team that was already beat before the game against Michigan. While people were worrying about the start of games it was the last 4 minutes(winning time) where IU’s tournament berth was lost.
Earlier in the year they won games because of their play in those crucial minutes but during the streak they found different ways to lose games in the last 4 minutes. Indiana never trailed in regulation when they played @Iowa but found a way to lose. Rob missed a FT and they bury a 3 to send it to OT where IU loses. That was just one game where IU was leading or only down 1 possession with 90 sec to go in that 12 game stretch. I can’t stress how much making shots covers up a lot of flaws for any basketball team.
The margin of error between winning and losing especially in a conference like the B1G is small. Not being able to make shots and FTs was the difference.
Last season was a weird year. As I’ve said before it was one of the craziest resumes I have ever reviewed for bracketology. 12-2 with multiple resume building wins followed by losing 12 of 13 games where in some they had a fantastic chance to win but also had games where they looked like they didn’t belong. Usually a team loses 12 games in a row have virtually no shot at being in a position to make the tourney but IU ends the year winning 4 straight conference games and multiple wins against a final 4 caliber team and another top 15 NET team. Can’t wait for the season to start

Interesting - I suggested in another thread that the scenario you described regarding early deficits was likely reality.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maryland freshman Chol Marial will undergo surgery next week to repair a stress fracture in both legs, per release. Expected to miss 3-4 months.

Yikes. Feel for the kid. Not a good sign though at his size those types of problems tend to linger

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maryland freshman Chol Marial will undergo surgery next week to repair a stress fracture in both legs, per release. Expected to miss 3-4 months.

Peter Jurkin-esque. Very tall, very thin legs, trouble with the extended up and down of competitive ball.