Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

PUke Fort Wayne moving to  the Horizon League next fall.
https://gomastodons.com/news/2019/8/6/general-purdue-fort-wayne-major-news.aspx

Easy now OF. But really, I drove 3 hours away to go to a real college.....

Ducks and exits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Has no one learned any lessons from Indiana about self-imposed penalties?

Stop doing the job the NCAA is supposed to do for them. They obviously are too inept to do anything without self-reporting and self-imposed penalties. I bet Coach K and several other elite coaches got a good laugh out of that article.

59 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Right...like they wouldn’t let Pearl use conditioner anymore when washing his hair on Sundays!  In most cases these days, self imposed penalties are just a means of damage control - how little you can get away with when there is smoking gun evidence against you. Then you can cry how tough your internal controls are and how much you’ve suffered at the hands of your own internal compliance team.  Absolutely no one practices self immolation like we did.

1 hour ago, Deserthoozier said:

Right...like they wouldn’t let Pearl use conditioner anymore when washing his hair on Sundays!  In most cases these days, self imposed penalties are just a means of damage control - how little you can get away with when there is smoking gun evidence against you. Then you can cry how tough your internal controls are and how much you’ve suffered at the hands of your own internal compliance team.  Absolutely no one practices self immolation like we did.

Stated another way...

C2210C25-1855-472F-8BFF-8056B1100E85.jpeg

On 8/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, Hoosier Roots said:

Even though we’re not in that projection, they’re still predicting 8 B1G teams make it in which gives us a decent chance. It seems having a strong conference might benefit us, I think we beat out a team like Illinois or penn state for a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wish and hope the Archie has great success, and am fully aware that these pre-season tourney projections are worthless, but if you told me a few years ago that going into his third season we would be “hoping” to beat out Illinois or Penn freaking State to get into the tourney I would have laughed out loud.  

This upcoming season is really difficult to figure out (a whole lot of if’s) but I can’t wait for it to start.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, Uspshoosier said:

And they are going to be in even worse trouble for violating their self imposed restrictions. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/did-auburn-bruce-pearl-violate-173044150.html

Underwood at Illinois signs another low-level 'sit one-play two": This time a 14ppg wing from Holy Cross, the worst team in the Patriot league last year:

JUST IN: #Illini will bring in Holy Cross transfer Jacob Grandison. 6'6 perimeter player who can make shots. Sit one to play two.