Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein

The NCAA has suspended DePaul's Dave Leitao for the first three games of the 2019-20 season for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance, per release. Blue Demons' program has also been placed on probation for three years.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/depaul-men-s-basketball-associate-head-coach-violated-ncaa-ethical-conduct-rules

I mean, they've clearly been cheating, but this is still hilarious.

DePaul released statement re: Leitao suspension, program probation:  "This infraction was an isolated incident directed and then concealed by a former staff member that resulted in, at most, a limited recruiting advantage relative to one former student-athlete."

Chicago Sun-Times:  While not named in the report, according to DePaul’s website, the associate head coach was listed as Rick Carter and the assistant director of basketball operations was Baba Diallo for the 2016-17 season, which is when the incident occurred, according to the decision.

Chicago Tribune Article

18 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

The B1G as a whole, must be too clean. All but Northwestern is on this list. With 7 of the top 15 in the country. I would have NEVER guessed that Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn St and Rutgers are in the top 15 in the country at spending for recruiting. Just wow....

5 hours ago, yogisballin said:

The B1G as a whole, must be too clean. All but Northwestern is on this list. With 7 of the top 15 in the country. I would have NEVER guessed that Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn St and Rutgers are in the top 15 in the country at spending for recruiting. Just wow....

That’s the school’s reported spending.

Now if you included booster recruitment spending...

6 hours ago, yogisballin said:

That's mainly cuz very few private schools are ever on any of these lists since they aren't legally required to provide financial data. Notice how there's no mention of Duke's gold plated private jets, gold plated rental cars, gold plated bags of cash or gold plated 'acclimation' homes.

CBS sports first shot at the 2020 ncaa bracket: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Jerry Palm, Purdue superfan/alum, leaves IU off the bracket and puts Purdue at a 4 seed. Shocked. Do people really expect Purdue to only drop off a little after losing 3 starters and arguably one of the best shooters AND best scorers in program history in Cline and Edwards? Those 2 were the biggest reasons for their success. Lost their glue guy in Grady Eiffert as well...not saying they won’t be good because Painter seems to always be able to replace important parts but I think it’s gonna be TOUGH to replace those guys. I think 6 seed is a realistic expectation for them. As for IU, it’s gonna be dependent on Hunter’s availability. If he’s able to play and stay healthy I don’t see any reason we don’t make the tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 7/31/2019 at 7:41 PM, LIHoosier said:

That's mainly cuz very few private schools are ever on any of these lists since they aren't legally required to provide financial data. Notice how there's no mention of Duke's gold plated private jets, gold plated rental cars, gold plated bags of cash or gold plated 'acclimation' homes.

Yes, I did notice

CBS sports first shot at the 2020 ncaa bracket:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Even though we’re not in that projection, they’re still predicting 8 B1G teams make it in which gives us a decent chance. It seems having a strong conference might benefit us, I think we beat out a team like Illinois or penn state for a spot.

Even though we’re not in that projection, they’re still predicting 8 B1G teams make it in which gives us a decent chance. It seems having a strong conference might benefit us, I think we beat out a team like Illinois or penn state for a spot.

And a 9th in the first four out

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app