Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The NCAA has served NC State with two Level I violations and two Level II violations connected to former PG Dennis Smith Jr., per release.

I would imagine probation, scholarship reduction, and recruiting hours limited since they weren’t on probation. At most a year postseason ban. This should be fun over the next couple of years. Still betting on LSU and Louisville being the ones hammered.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Background on the NC State situation--

In last October's trial, TJ Gassnola testified that he made two payments to the family of Dennis Smith Jr., first was when DSJ was a junior in high school. Second was in 2015. Gassnola delivered $40,000 in cash to NC State asst Orlando Early’s house. Said Early then was giving it to Smith’s trainer.

19 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I thought 6 schools were supposed to receive their notice of allegations by the end of June.

Looks like NC State is the first to get theirs.  My guess is USC, Auburn, and OK State are next.

They won't go after the big guys.

I believe UConn is on notice too. Those are two substantial programs. If I were LSU and Louisville I’d be worried.

I thought 6 schools were supposed to receive their notice of allegations by the end of June.
Looks like NC State is the first to get theirs.  My guess is USC, Auburn, and OK State are next.
They won't go after the big guys.

I am guessing they have them already. They have 90 days to respond. Interesting to see what defenses we have in this.

Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart is the chair of the Division I men’s basketball committee for the 2020-21 season. Barnhart will be the vice chair for the 2019-20 season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well that sucks.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

New NCAA rules for D1 men's basketball:

1. One and done will now be mandatory
  2. No games will be played on college campuses
  3. Men's college basketball players will not be eligible for graduation from their corresponding university
  4. Fans attending games who have less than half their teeth will pay half price

Insanely good!

Most likely both. But don’t worry everything is alright. There’s only 3 schools ahead of us that have a coach going into their 3rd or less year. 

If it ends that way I don’t know how we would go through another year.