Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 6/4/2019 at 7:28 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lots of chatter that later today Minnesota Vikings Chief Operating Officer Kevin Warren will be named the successor to Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany.

I hope he adjusts the terrible football divisions.  Jeez Louise, talk about unbalanced. 

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I hope he adjusts the terrible football divisions.  Jeez Louise, talk about unbalanced. 

B844A2B9-5262-48A4-92FA-5610333A4898.jpeg

This is so off topic but who would’ve ever expected to look back at the “Leaders and Legends” divisions and go “hmm...those were actually pretty good!”?

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

B844A2B9-5262-48A4-92FA-5610333A4898.jpeg

This is so off topic but who would’ve ever expected to look back at the “Leaders and Legends” divisions and go “hmm...those were actually pretty good!”?

Yeah don’t know why they couldn’t just add Rutgers to 1 and Nebraska to the other. 

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Former McDAA Jordan Brown transfers to Arizona.

Amazing what Arizona can do despite being smack dab in the oven of NCAA/FBI heat.

College basketball and Indiana basketball administration. Both make me SMDH in disgust.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Indiana basketball is the kid struggling to stay upright on a bike without training wheels while the bluebloods cruise around the block and pop wheelies.

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Indiana basketball is the kid struggling to stay upright on a bike without training wheels while the bluebloods cruise around the block and pop wheelies.

Yes, but most of those kids eventually get there!

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wow so looking at final rankings on 247

5 Stars by conference

Big East - 2(both to Villanova)

SEC - 8

ACC - 6

PAC 12 - 7

AAC - 2(Both to Memphis) 

Big 12 - 0 (likely getting 1 in Hampton)

Big 10 - 0

Adidas ‘support’ operation must be shut down!  TJ’s not getting anyone guys these days. Their premier programs reside in the BIGs - 10 & 12 + the Ville and no one’s going to touch it w a dollar! This could impact the program big time long term. Adidas conceding b-ball to Nike and Under Armor. Meanwhile, merrily they roll along..

22 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Adidas ‘support’ operation must be shut down!  TJ’s not getting anyone guys these days. Their premier programs reside in the BIGs - 10 & 12 + the Ville and no one’s going to touch it w a dollar! This could impact the program big time long term. Adidas conceding b-ball to Nike and Under Armor. Meanwhile, merrily they roll along..

The struggle for the Big 10 and 5 stars predates that scandal. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The Big Ten has been an “old” league for far longer than the shoe company scandal. I would venture to guess that most Big Ten schools are far cleaner than average programs in the ACC and $EC. It’s just the way it is and has been.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good point It’s not just the schools that have to be complicit in some of this cheating. The entire conference has to be as well. The Big Ten conference was kept clean(er) by Delaney but also kept it unappealing to players with the way it was officiated. 

Will be interesting to see the changes he implements and whether 5 stars start coming. 

We could see changes start even next year on officiating, have to be a gradual process to let the coaches adjust.