Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 5/31/2019 at 8:14 PM, BtownBanner6 said:

Don’t sell him short, im sure a whole season with the staff can get him to 50 or lower before he’s able to play 

Maybe they could teach the Stanford Robinson method of shooting with your off hand.

Pretty interesting read on Mike Davis and his son. ... I always liked Davis, but I thought it was a mistake to hand him the keys to the IU empire after he really hadn't accomplished anything. After that interim season, the administration should've simply said: "We really appreciate you stepping in and getting us through a difficult situation, but we're going in a different direction." ... Initially, the optics wouldn't have been good, but if you bring in the right person, that is soon forgotten. (How many people remember that the Cubs fired Ricky Renteria as manager just because Joe Maddon became available? It was harsh and looked awful, but after four straight playoff appearances, including a World Series title, nobody even remembers that). ... Anyway, here's the Mike and Antoine Davis piece ... 

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/06/03/antoine-davis-detroit-mercy-mike-davis-nba?xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=sinow&fbclid=IwAR2RS0KqWbbJCLl_0VPIKcnf1iSFNqxeUo8DA4yY8HXPbOLoRylZtsotuIQ

Lots of chatter that later today Minnesota Vikings Chief Operating Officer Kevin Warren will be named the successor to Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany.

Any chatter on a preliminary consensus as to whether this is a good move or a lateral move? I know nothing of Warren.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Any chatter on a preliminary consensus as to whether this is a good move or a lateral move? I know nothing of Warren.

I'm like you - it's a name and nothing more.  Late Sunday, rumors were Delany's successor was going to be the current Northwestern AD.  

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

As long as they want to change the way we officiate basketball I am all for this 

Maybe the new commissioner could set up a group to study basketball officiating. He could call it the Warren Commission. They could study how the officiating affects shooters, but in the end, probably decide only one lone guy needs to shoot to be effective.

Ohio State's 19-20 schedule:

Cincinnati

Villanova (Gavitt Games)

at North Carolina (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)

Kentucky (CBS Sports Classic)

West Virginia (Cleveland)

20 Big Ten games

Grab your nitro glycerin pills Columbus.

From Jon Rothstein on Twitter

WOW