Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:
20 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:
ESPN’s love affair with Duke and Zion is sickening.  ESPNU is currently showing the IU vs Duke game as part of a Duke marathon the way it looks.  Gag me!

ESPN has to find their next one, as Lebron is aging.

Still a little surprised the Lakers weren’t admitted to the playoffs for “basketball reasons”

7 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Nwora coming back to UofL. Are we like the only program that good things aren’t happening to?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It does kind of feel that way. I don't think Archie is lazy or stupid or forgot how to coach...but I'm a lot less confident he's 'The Guy' then I was a year ago. Really hoping for an over-achieving season from a fairly pedestrian roster....otherwise it will be a real bummer with no hope for the foreseeable future. 

It does kind of feel that way. I don't think Archie is lazy or stupid or forgot how to coach...but I'm a lot less confident he's 'The Guy' then I was a year ago. Really hoping for an over-achieving season from a fairly pedestrian roster....otherwise it will be a real bummer with no hope for the foreseeable future. 

Sadly, the program feels like it has zero momentum. I’m not counting on Archie surprising me. So yeah, I’m a little worried.

Until our administration changes, I don’t even care who our coach is. Coach K couldn’t win at Indiana with this administration.

It seems the Keion Brooks recruitment was kinda the figurative nail in our program’s “momentum” coffin.

The Langford experiment and the historic losing streak didn’t help matters either.

My attitude towards the basketball team is shifting to how I root for IUFB. Root for wins but expect losses.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

It's been said in here before that Holtmann was on record as all but saying the Indiana job was too big for him. If true? Good. Go coach at a pretend basketball school one state over.

Who knows. Maybe Indiana inquired to Mack and he either said, "Thanks, but no thanks" or wasn't interested in a change at the time.

While either would have been a good hire theoretically, neither was a fit.

Moving on: No. Indiana is not the only program with good things not happening. There are also not bad things happening. It doesn't matter how hard "we" cry, no one will cry with us. So let's stop crying.

People aren’t crying. They are stating their objective opinion. 

And even if they were sad and crying a guaranteed way to not cheer somebody up is to tell them to stop being sad 

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Depends on the reason they're crying. Or (in most cases) moping. Or whatever you want to call the 'woe is me' outlook around here. Opinions most certainly can come across in a whining fashion. My opinion (a grumpy one, evidently): Too many people can't handle the long play. Also my opinion: Yes, this season had better show some promise. Let's just see what happens. More has been done with less, and less has been done with more.

I'm not normally so forward and snarky, sorry.

(But I'm not entirely sorry.)

Oh please don’t try to pretend that people are stupid or aren’t able to recognize the long play because they don’t agree with your assessment. 

Archie had every opportunity to make the tourney in year 2. And now looks poised to miss it until at best year 4. He ignored and never addressed lack of effort an entire season. And something else before screw up selfish another thing that wasn’t dealt with  

In my years of leadership I have learned that people will endure a screw up for far longer than they will a slacker before morale goes into the crapper. 

Going into year 3, we are still incredibly young and are an injured PG away from being a chaotic mess.  And of effort was optional in year 2 I don’t see a lot of promise to it being required in year 3

Oh please don’t try to pretend that people are stupid or aren’t able to recognize the long play because they don’t agree with your assessment. 
Archie had every opportunity to make the tourney in year 2. And now looks poised to miss it until at best year 4. He ignored and never addressed lack of effort an entire season. And something else before screw up selfish another thing that wasn’t dealt with  
In my years of leadership I have learned that people will endure a screw up for far longer than they will a slacker before morale goes into the crapper. 
Going into year 3, we are still incredibly young and are an injured PG away from being a chaotic mess.  And of effort was optional in year 2 I don’t see a lot of promise to it being required in year 3

I'll ask you to stop putting words in my mouth as your first instinct. Until you can do that, your opinion matters none to me.

I saw some benchings and no starts for second halves so let’s not act like there was zero consequences. Was there enough of it? I’d probably have done things differently but I’m also not a college coach for a reason.

I will say this though... if you can’t get fired up to play college ball you probably shouldn’t be playing college ball. If you can’t get fired up to play at Indiana University you should probably be playing elsewhere. Hopefully, those issues along with some maturity have been dealt with. Time will tell, as will Archie’s job security.