Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to become coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell ESPN.
Wow. Woj bomb this morning

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Holy cow. Was not expecting to see this this morning. As a big ten hoops fan, this is too bad for the conference but as an Indiana fan this is great!

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to become coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell ESPN.
Wow. Woj bomb this morning

To me that is a huge blow to that program.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Hot damn. Really sucks for them. Who will they even hire at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Without knowing anything about their staff or who is available, I’d say they hire within for the season then figure it out next spring. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Without knowing anything about their staff or who is available, I’d say they hire within for the season then figure it out next spring. 

I would think that this would be the safest bet. But what do I know

On 5/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Potential APR problems in Westwood.  Stevie's early departure may have been hastened because of this.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/05/14/uclas-fragile-footing-poor-academic-scores-push-bruins-to-brink-of-postseason-ban/

I wonder why UNC, Kentucky, Kansas or Duke never have APR issues? Those student-athletes must really hit the books!

For the posters that have followed recruiting closely for the last 6 years on this board here is a name from the past for you

Source: Southern Utah's Dwayne Morgan was granted a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA. Started his career at UNLV.

Former 5 Star recruit Crean recruited back in the day

Wow what happened to him?

Man that’s sad that after all this time you can say Mike Davis had the best career after Coach Knight.

I'd vote Crean. Davis had one good year. Crean had three. 

Davis also started in a much better place. Crean started at the lowest point and built an inconsistent, but at times very good, team. Davis took over a solid team, and obviously did good things with it, but couldn't repeat the success once Knight's players were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk