Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah Winston and Langford will be gone. 

With Winston coming back, and saying he was coming back for legacy, I can’t see Izzo essentially burning two scholarships, especially with Ward gone now, for Winston’s senior year. 

18 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wowza:

Kyle Guy officially staying in draft.

Guess he figures he’s done all he can do in college; maybe has a degree to go with it.

Can't play defense in the Big Ten though.

/s

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That's crazy! That sounds like my kids wanting to pay to watch someone like TFUE on twitch. I just don't understand. Evidently it's a huge market because that guy is a freaking millionaire now

Ross Dellenger of SI.com -

The details of the meeting between LSU and basketball coach Will Wade on April 12 are becoming clear. As part of his reinstatement, the coach made concessions in his contract, according to documents obtained by Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger as part of a public records request. Under two amendments he agreed the school add to his contract, LSU can fire Wade for cause if he is found to have committed Level I or Level II NCAA violations, or if the NCAA infractions committee issues a formal notice of Level 1 or Level 2 violations to LSU involving the coach. Wade also agreed to waive the $250,000 in performance bonuses he contractually earned in 2018–19 and agreed not to sue the school if he were fired over NCAA violations.

Ross Dellenger of SI.com -
The details of the meeting between LSU and basketball coach Will Wade on April 12 are becoming clear. As part of his reinstatement, the coach made concessions in his contract, according to documents obtained by Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger as part of a public records request. Under two amendments he agreed the school add to his contract, LSU can fire Wade for cause if he is found to have committed Level I or Level II NCAA violations, or if the NCAA infractions committee issues a formal notice of Level 1 or Level 2 violations to LSU involving the coach. Wade also agreed to waive the $250,000 in performance bonuses he contractually earned in 2018–19 and agreed not to sue the school if he were fired over NCAA violations.

That’s... odd. If you’re innocent, you make no concessions and sue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

But if the story is accurate, all the cards are now in LSU's hands.  The NCAA doesn't have to prove anything.  A simple notice of Level 1 or Level 2 violations and LSU can get rid of him.

They’ll **** that up and send it to Louisiana Tech. It’s the NCAA

26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They’ll **** that up and send it to Louisiana Tech. It’s the NCAA

South Central Louisiana State University is so screwed, rumor has it Bobby Boucher bought a bumper sticker.  

VJ King leaving UofL.... former 5 Star and McDonalds AA.... But been a disappointing 3 years for him.... 
Will he be highly sought after?

I believe so. There’ll be plenty of coaches who think they’ll get the most out of him. That’s one that I haven’t seen many people blame a coach for not developing.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe so. There’ll be plenty of coaches who think they’ll get the most out of him. That’s one that I haven’t seen many people blame a coach for not developing.

He has had 3 coaches who weren’t able to get what was expected out of him. So common denominator. 

Not many guys who play at that level can say they have had 5 coaches in 5 years.... Would not be a fit for IU but I am curious how he will do being that he was so highly ranked... Could end up going overseas instead of transferring.