Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Ayo Dosunmu officially coming back to Illinois. Good decision. Making the Thomas Bryant move and not even bothering to go through the process. Illinois will be one of the few improved teams in the conference next year.

3 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I guess we're now pulling for Duke. Sickening concept.

No kidding. I just heard that Zion is having a colonoscopy broadcast live on ESPN, not ESPNews, on the main station.

They're gonna get calluses on their knees from servicing Duke. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Hurt picks Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah we aren't likely to out talent Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, doing it their way.  We aren't as good at it.  We need to find another way to win than out talenting teams.  That is where, we hope our 3rd year guys are better than these teams 1st year guys.  

For a while I was hoping we'd be like Kansas or Arizona with recruiting but thankfully Gonzaga, Virginia, Villanova, and even Purdue give me hope we can make that strategy work if we get the right talent and it stays.....

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nick Ward of MSU declares for draft, hires an agent, and posts on Instagram a sayonara to MSU.  Reads completely like he's staying in the draft no matter what.

If the kid is ready to start the next phase of his life, good for him. But if he’s leaving because he thinks he’s an NBA player next year, he’s getting very bad advice. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

If the kid is ready to start the next phase of his life, good for him. But if he’s leaving because he thinks he’s an NBA player next year, he’s getting very bad advice. 

Nick Ward is either the best bad player I've ever watched, or the worst good player I have ever watched. I'm not sure which it is. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Nick Ward of MSU declares for draft, hires an agent, and posts on Instagram a sayonara to MSU.  Reads completely like he's staying in the draft no matter what.

Clearing space for the Doogie Brothers?  Hope not.

I sat down tonight and figured up the how many 5 stars each conference as a total got each year. Without looking it up, anyone want to take a guess at how many 5 stars ended up at a B1G school in the last 10 years COMBINED? 21 out of a possible 261. As of today, the last four years the SEC has 31, ACC has 28. Last four years for the B1G, 6 total. Hell even the PAC-12 makes us look bad when it comes to the 5 stars. They have 19 in the last 4 years.

It’s sickening really! I do realize that Duke and UK plays a huge factor in those numbers. But I really think that ESPN has a lot to do with that as well. Which then, leads to $$$$$. I won’t get into this as deep as I’d like. But damn man, this is supposed to be the best b-ball conference in the country. I’d love to see something change. I’ve said before and I know some of you disagree with me but, let’s cheat like the others do. I mean, what will the punishment be? Archie and Fred, get everyone on board with this! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners