Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Only if the admistration will back him and the compliance office is willing to help find loopholes and not scream of a “rule” is broken. 

Indiana won’t do that. Wouldn’t for Crean either. I think that is what Crean was saying when he complained that he wasn’t on the same page as the administration.

Maybe not, but the pieces of the puzzle align.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana won’t do that. Wouldn’t for Crean either. I think that is what Crean was saying when he complained that he wasn’t on the same page as the administration.

Maybe not, but the pieces of the puzzle align.

Thing is, I think Glass would be on board. Just not sure his bosses would allow it. 

I have always thought cheating and paying players or families was unethical but now its only risk is the FBI. Can we get good players and win consistently by the traditional way? Im not so sure about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

But if you do cheat we are no better than them!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, scoot said:

I have always thought cheating and paying players or families was unethical but now its only risk is the FBI. Can we get good players and win consistently by the traditional way? Im not so sure about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

What risk is there for schools cheating from the FBI and the feds?  Prosecutors fight allowing hard as it gets evidence of coaches blatantly on the take,  and judges have been accepting the lame argument. Emmert is spineless so nothing to come from the NCAA. It’s (the NCAA enforcement wing) a paper dragon, and now EVERYONE will know it - most already did. Cheat like mad, if you get caught deny and lawyer up. If you thought the arms race for cheating was bad before...just wait!  Do the right thing....NOT!

Dang, seeing the picture that went viral on instagram of a Kentucky fan sending Matthew Hurt death threats. Beyond ridiculous, gotta feel for Matt.

And no, not posting this to hate on UK’s fan base or anything, posting it to say how crazy and ridiculous some “fans” are.
Jake weingarten

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Dang, seeing the picture that went viral on instagram of a Kentucky fan sending Matthew Hurt death threats. Beyond ridiculous, gotta feel for Matt.

And no, not posting this to hate on UK’s fan base or anything, posting it to say how crazy and ridiculous some “fans” are.
Jake weingarten

Did Hurt declare?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Interesting ... A guy who played at William & Mary, which plays in a horrible league, just fired its longtime coach and has never been to the NCAAs, is now choosing among Carolina, Notre Dame and Michigan. 

Its the new 1 and done. Kids that developed in college now gettin a chance in the limelight. I suspect some will get paid also.

Jake weingarten

He is from a city of 100k in southern mn. Seems more like a duke guy imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jake weingarten

I always miss the stuff that goes viral. Can’t find it anywhere now.

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

DBFEBEF7-B5D3-4A74-8209-875AED4AFB82.png

As much as that fits the profile of a deranged UK fan, to me, it's more likely that this was sent by a fan of another team trying to spur UK hatred.

For instance (just to stir the pot a bit) There's a die-hard Bobby Knight worshiping crusty old IU fan named Steve Souder on Facebook based out of Rushville, In.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As much as that fits the profile of a deranged UK fan, to me, it's more likely that this was sent by a fan of another team trying to spur UK hatred.

I agree.  It's pretty sad no matter what though.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For instance (just to stir the pot a bit) There's a die-hard Bobby Knight worshiping crusty old IU fan named Steve Souder on Facebook based out of Rushville, In.

That was my first thought as well....

58 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It's unimportant to me where they are from or who they root for. Track them down and throw them in jail.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

You talking about Souders sweet corn? Pretty sure I know him.