Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Good like I said we agree. He falls short though keeping him from being great. Also to start this season like they did he ultimately failed in the end with nothing to show for it

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

He has made the final twice. Something we would all kill for at IU.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If he was coaching iu and had the same results a lot of us on this board would not be happy. That is all I am saying

Be happier than we are not making the tourney. I was still happy after we lost in 2002. Making the final was a big deal I thought.

Doesnt matter what they say. 
If they hire an agent and get drafted in any slot, even the last 2nd round pick, they are required to be gone.
Got you. Was not sure on that.

Be happier than we are not making the tourney. I was still happy after we lost in 2002. Making the final was a big deal I thought.

I wasn't I was pissed. No reason to argue I dont think he is great you guys do. That is ok

4 hours ago, coonhounds said:

If he was coaching iu and had the same results a lot of us on this board would not be happy. That is all I am saying

This is what really scares me about the program. I think IU can get back to blue blood status but seems like a good portion of the fan base has unrealistic expectations. If IU currently had Michigan’s level of success under Beilein (consistently at the top of the Big Ten, winning the conference every couple of years, making tournament runs, etc) i think that portion of the fan base would still be upset. I mean I want IU to win another title as much as anyone but I would kill for the current success that Michigan, MSU, and even Purdue has had over the last decade 

This is what really scares me about the program. I think IU can get back to blue blood status but seems like a good portion of the fan base has unrealistic expectations. If IU currently had Michigan’s level of success under Beilein (consistently at the top of the Big Ten, winning the conference every couple of years, making tournament runs, etc) i think that portion of the fan base would still be upset. I mean I want IU to win another title as much as anyone but I would kill for the current success that Michigan, MSU, and even Purdue has had over the last decade 
Given how bad we have been for 25 years you really think so? Assembly hall is packed when we are marginal. If our expectations were unrealistic 14k fans would not show up for an NIT game. People would have up on IU long ago.

26 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Given how bad we have been for 25 years you really think so? Assembly hall is packed when we are marginal. If our expectations were unrealistic 14k fans would not show up for an NIT game. People would have up on IU long ago.

Even at IUs worst Assembly Hall has been full I will give you that. That being said the media picked IU to be middle of the pack this year and yet we had a big portion of the fan base talking about winning banner number 6.

What I’m saying is exactly what  was mentioned before, if we had Michigan and Beileins success ( big ten champions ever few years,  finishing top 5 yearly, long tourney runs but no championships yet) would Indiana fans be trying to run him out of town?

Brian Snow said on a podcast that’s Archie could have a long career with his brothers level of success here if people let him. Will IU fans let him?

My whole argument is as a fan base we need to realize we haven’t been consistently relevant in 25 years. I would take the level of success that Purdue, Michigan, and Michigan State have had over the last decade and I’m not sure if most IU fans will. I think Archie can build something here still 

Even at IUs worst Assembly Hall has been full I will give you that. That being said the media picked IU to be middle of the pack this year and yet we had a big portion of the fan base talking about winning banner number 6.
What I’m saying is exactly what  was mentioned before, if we had Michigan and Beileins success ( big ten champions ever few years,  finishing top 5 yearly, long tourney runs but no championships yet) would Indiana fans be trying to run him out of town?
Brian Snow said on a podcast that’s Archie could have a long career with his brothers level of success here if people let him. Will IU fans let him?
My whole argument is as a fan base we need to realize we haven’t been consistently relevant in 25 years. I would take the level of success that Purdue, Michigan, and Michigan State have had over the last decade and I’m not sure if most IU fans will. I think Archie can build something here still 
Get to an elite eight 1st and we can revisit this. Who knows if and when that will happen.

9 hours ago, Kepner said:

It's the second time in as many pages that I've seen the media previews mentioned. The media had this team picked top five or better in the conference. Brendan Quinn at the Athletic ran the unofficial Big Ten media poll, and Indiana was picked third. That's where Alex Bozich and Zach Ostermann picked Indiana, as well. Gary Parrish at CBS had Indiana 4th in the Big Ten, 25th in the country. Rob Dauster at NBC had Indiana 28th in the country, but 3rd in the Big Ten. Andy Katz at NCAA had Indiana 5th in the Big Ten, but 22nd in the country. Even the preseason AP Poll and KenPom ratings both had us 28th in the country, 4th and 5th in the Big Ten respectively. Anyone talking about banner number 6 was being objectively foolish, but I don't think those picks translate to "middle of the pack" either. We certainly weren't picked to place around where we finished, as claimed by a poster on the previous page.

As for taking the level of success of Purdue, we've already decided that's not good enough. Matt Painter is in his 14th season at Purdue, and only just now got past the Sweet Sixteen. It took him 12 seasons to achieve his second Big Ten title and third Sweet Sixteen appearance. We fired a coach with those accomplishments nine seasons after we had asked that coach to start from scratch. In his ninth season, Matt Painter finished dead last in the conference

That's my bar. I don't need Archie to be Bob Knight, and hang multiple banners. I just want him to be better than the guy he replaced. I'm 36, and for as much as they get talked down on these boards, those five years from when Cody arrived to when Yogi left were the most consistent success Indiana has achieved within memory. Those are the years I want Archie to meet and exceed.

He didn't say the entire base. He said a portion of the base.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Michigan State Discouraged Reporting of Rape Allegation Against Athletes, Woman Says

Small snippet:

According to Ms. Kowalski, when a university counselor learned that the men who she said assailed her were members of the basketball team — a storied and treasured program that has played in 10 Final Fours, including this year’s — the counselor discouraged her from reporting it, the lawsuit said.

“If you pursue this, you are going to be swimming with some really big fish,” a staff member told Ms. Kowalski, the lawsuit said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/sports/michigan-state-rape.html

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Michigan State Discouraged Reporting of Rape Allegation Against Athletes, Woman Says

Small snippet:

According to Ms. Kowalski, when a university counselor learned that the men who she said assailed her were members of the basketball team — a storied and treasured program that has played in 10 Final Fours, including this year’s — the counselor discouraged her from reporting it, the lawsuit said.

“If you pursue this, you are going to be swimming with some really big fish,” a staff member told Ms. Kowalski, the lawsuit said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/sports/michigan-state-rape.html

Read that yesterday, absolutely disgusting what has taken place up there!