Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just hate how Virginia has had to have the benefit of the whistle to win the last two games
It takes luck and a few missed calls . Though i thought their luck would run out tonight. I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

You mean the correct call this game?

It wasn’t the correct call. The ball is always going to graze the offensive player’s hand going out of bounds. That’s human nature. That is hardly ever rewarded to the defensive team

The difference in generations in one shot. The Bennett patriarch and matriarch share the greatest moment in their son's life together while a couple of dopey teenagers are waving their phones around trying to make the stupidest face possible.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

It wasn’t the correct call. The ball is always going to graze the offensive player’s hand going out of bounds. That’s human nature. That is hardly ever rewarded to the defensive team

100% agree. If we’re going to slow mo and review that because it’s the last minute, let’s do it all game. I don’t have a dog in the fight I just hate that reversal of a call. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If it’s reviewed (and it’s the closing minutes of the title game, it’s ALWAYS going to get reviewed) it *has* to be called correctly. Can’t fault the refs for that. 

On the other side, my heart breaks for the Tech kids. They played their tail off and crawled back in the game and were one of the my favorite non-IU teams to watch all year. they got themselves a good one leading their program

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If someone has to win from Tobacco Road, VA is definitely my choice. Hitting clutch shots and free throws proved they were the champs. Plus IU gets a couple extra low blows knowing both Guy and Bennett said no to us. Both had good reasons but you get my point.

Just now, schoosier said:

If someone has to win from Tobacco Road, VA is definitely my choice. Hitting clutch shots and free throws proved they were the champs. Plus IU gets a couple extra low blows knowing both Guy and Bennett said no to us. Both had good reasons but you get my point.

Would love to get to play them next year

100% agree. If we’re going to slow mo and review that because it’s the last minute, let’s do it all game. I don’t have a dog in the fight I just hate that reversal of a call. 
Imagine how many games went the wrong before replay then.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, schoosier said:

Do you mean the ACC? ... Tobacco Road is North Carolina ... 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Would love to get to play them next year

I really thought we should've played them this year. ... They would've killed us, but I thought with Kyle Guy playing for U.Va., that would've been a natural matchup. ... No reason to pair us against Duke again, IMO.