Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

This is going to be a good championship game. It’s not Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Purdue or Duke that’s going to win a championship. I’m happy

Exactly..    Both first timers. I was hoping it would happen this year! 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’m going with Texas Tech. That defense is so good

And shooting. And rebounding. And the fact that they force you to beat yourself.

First one to 40 wins Monday! I think Texas Tech will pull it off. They are so tough. Chris Beard is the new great in coaching. Reminds me of Brad Stevens rising in 2010. 

Yep virginia will have a very tough time getting open threes. Not sure on TT big guy but either way I think they win.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

I sort of agree and i dont like pearl. However, Virginia has been incredibly lucky. I will root against them Monday either way.

You would root against a team because they are 'lucky'?  Seems awfully small.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Oh my God....the Auburn guy who poured beer on his head when he thought Auburn had won has reached Ultimate Meme status.  Guy got arrested after the game.

Geez, pour salt in the wound. Disappointment, followed by embarassment, then a night in jail as a little cherry on top.

1 minute ago, BubbleKnuts said:

Geez, pour salt in the wound. Disappointment, followed by embarassment, then a night in jail as a little cherry on top.

Nevermind. I posted that before I got to watch it. Send him to prison. 

12 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Yep virginia will have a very tough time getting open threes. Not sure on TT big guy but either way I think they win.

As a big college basketball fan I love this title game. Smart teams playing...new coaches and new teams. If Guy has a Purdue like 2nd half I think Virginia cuts down the nets. 

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sounds like Musselman will be the next Arkansas coach

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-arkansas-to-hire-nevada-coach-eric-musselman-144932120.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Sounds pretty official. To me, Arkansas, Texas A&M and Nebraska all upgraded coaches significantly this offseason. Those are the big winners. 

12 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Oh my God....the Auburn guy who poured beer on his head when he thought Auburn had won has reached Ultimate Meme status.  Guy got arrested after the game.

Was he arrested solely for pouring a beer on his head? That seems harsh.

Crazy how it all works out. Mooney and South Dakota lost to South Dakota St in the summit finals last year. Mike Braun went on to be one of the stories of last years tourney. Both stars had a chance to grad transfer to bigger schools. Braun stayed at SDS and lost in their conference finals and Mooney elected to go Texas Tech and now he is killing it in the final 4.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I remember watching that conference finals last year between SDSU and ND and thinking that Mooney kid is a stud and I’d love to have him on my team. I got super excited when we started recruiting him as a grad transfer...not surprised at the success he’s had in this tournament. Just an overall great player with a high basketball IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app