Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

MSU couldn’t get to the paint quick enough for help side defense on Texas Tech’s drives in the second half. On offense they couldn’t take advantage of their bulk with TT’s swarming defense. I still don’t think the Big Ten wins a natty again until we get away from bully ball bigs. It’s just not how today’s game is played.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Truth. Things gotta change, starting w refs 

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

1.) Chris Beard is gonna build TTU into a consistent national power. He’s not leaving Lubbock. 

2.) Tom Izzo losing again in the Final Four is incredibly satisfying. 

NBA will come calling and he will jump to the pros. 

I did not really watch TT prior to the tourney. Their defense and intensity is great to watch.

What a start for Beard. 2nd year at Texas Tech he takes them to the Elite 8. Third year they go the the Final Game....At Texas Tech!  The oilmen better load up the $$ truck.

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Besides Hova and I who else is pumped up for a Virginia/Texas Tech final?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

TT is the most fun defensive team to watch that I can remember. But would have rather watched Auburn attack what they do than UVA. Still really looking forward to Monday.

1.) Chris Beard is gonna build TTU into a consistent national power. He’s not leaving Lubbock. 
2.) Tom Izzo losing again in the Final Four is incredibly satisfying. 
Glad to see izzo lose but boy the big ten struggles to win the title. Last one was 2000 I think and only that one since 1989.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Texas Tech reminds me a lot of the Nova team last year. Every player has an extremely vital job. They played with fire tonight and they've got the pieces to beat UVA by 20. Coach Beard is Brad Stevens 2.0 but I think and hope he stays at the college level. But he does coach a very NBA elusive type defense.

I’ve never been more excited for a title game. (I was barely aware of what was going on in ‘02)

2 of my favorite coaches in the game today. I’ve always respected the way Bennett handles himself and runs a program and has been a joy watching his teams play for the last 6 years. I don’t think their is a nicer guy in the game. I’m just getting to learn about Beard more after these last 2 year runs. He is very down to earth and real. Definitely loves and lives the game. On top of that he is a great in game coach. Read his story on how after he got fired at Texas Tech he became a head coach in the ABA. Just a great story. Watch Andy Katz and him do Fireside chat I will post it if I can find it just really good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Glad to see izzo lose but boy the big ten struggles to win the title. Last one was 2000 I think and only that one since 1989.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Same year Bobby left. Hmm..