Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 4/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Hardwood83 said:

Isn't that what Hoiberg did at Iowa St? 

I think if I remember, he did do that but took it a step further and took on problem children, head cases, etc. but gave them a second chance to shine.  He did very well at that.  You know, the Lance Stephenson kind.

On 4/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, Free Jurkin! said:

UCLA is close to hiring Jamie Dixon... I know some people arent happy with Archie, but he was undeniably a hot coaching candidate. UCLA settling for Dixon is very underwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently largely because UCLA would not pay his TCU buyout clause, Jamie Dixon is likely no longer a candidate for the UCLA job which has been open since December.

New leading candidates?

Bryce Drew, Steve Alford, and Dan Dakich.  ;)

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Apparently largely because UCLA would not pay his TCU buyout clause, Jamie Dixon is likely no longer a candidate for the UCLA job which has been open since December.

New leading candidates?

Bryce Drew, Steve Alford, and Dan Dakich.  ;)

I still don't understand why Mark Few isn't their number 1 guy. Recruits the west coast really well. Throw money at him and see what happens. Historically UCLA is a top notch program. No reason they can't get a good coach. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I still don't understand why Mark Few isn't their number 1 guy. Recruits the west coast really well. Throw money at him and see what happens. Historically UCLA is a top notch program. No reason they can't get a good coach. 

They aren’t willing to spend money apparently. 

Check out Michael Avenatti Twitter yesterday. Says more is coming.

Pin pointing Nike regarding Zion and his mother. And Duke.

Lol. What a scam.

It’s been so obvious for so long.

What will happen??? UK, Duke, Arizona continue to outrecruit everyone. Oregon now too.

Kansas and their high payroll could hold serve for a while.

It’s ridiculous.

I don’t honestly care with these families getting a piece just hard for me to watch Indiana fail in this climate and not knowing how to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Maybe Few has made it known he has no interest in that cesspool.   He's 56 and has a pretty good gig going with Gonzaga.  More money may not be that important to him and he's more than happy to stay with the Zags until he retires. 

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Maybe Few has made it known he has no interest in that cesspool.   He's 56 and has a pretty good gig going with Gonzaga.  More money may not be that important to him and he's more than happy to stay with the Zags until he retires. 

Few has come out in the past saying exactly this. He watched his predecessor, Dan Monson, who first got the Zags relevant go to Minnesota only to fail there. Monson never really recovered and is now at Long Beach State. Few was an assistant under Monson and I think he learned that the grass is not always greener and, therefore, has decided to keep the train rolling at Gonzaga. 

Few has come out in the past saying exactly this. He watched his predecessor, Dan Monson, who first got the Zags relevant go to Minnesota only to fail there. Monson never really recovered and is now at Long Beach State. Few was an assistant under Monson and I think he learned that the grass is not always greener and, therefore, has decided to keep the train rolling at Gonzaga. 

People underestimate how hard it is to build something good and sustainable and overestimate an individual’s ability to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Avenatti back at it today.

Getting after Ayton, Arizona, Brandon McCoy, Bol Bol.

I think Nike is too rich and represented too well for Avenatti alone to affect, but I hope this is more of the iceberg because the NCAA isn’t doing anything, still.

Avenatti back at it today.

Getting after Ayton, Arizona, Brandon McCoy, Bol Bol.

I think Nike is too rich and represented too well for Avenatti alone to affect, but I hope this is more of the iceberg because the NCAA isn’t doing anything, still.

How convenient for Adidas to get busted while Nike and Under Armor skate when they’re just as dirty. Is there anyone that remotely follows college basketball that thinks these kids, parents, or handlers aren’t getting something?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Exactly correct. Also, from what I have read a few places, it sounds like he has a spectacular quality of life away from basketball. A dominant program located in a location that you love. We should all be Mark Few. 

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Man this is juicy.

He has invoices, bank statements, text messages. Wow.

Seriously worth a look.

Look no further! Here's the link to the source documents, and they appear to be really really strong.

The docs don't inculpate the Universities, but Nike and the AAU handlers? Oh boy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ruwyotghvprxg7b/Nike Corruption.pdf?dl=0

Will the FBI want to re-invest resources in another college basketball case? I'm not so sure.

Will the NCAA have anywhere near enough resources or the inclination to do something about it? I'm not so sure.

Is the Avenatti stuff legit? I thought he just got arrested for this. 
He was arrested for trying to bribe Nike to stay quiet. Whether the documents are true or not, I don't know. Based on his past behavior, its suspect IMO. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were legitimate though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk