Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We're not going to see an NBA draft lottery with a majority of high school graduates. We never saw it when they let kids come straight from high school before. Not even close. A handful of players would get drafted from high school every year, but that's it. NBA teams aren't going to use lottery picks on high school kids unless they're someone like Zion. 

I think they are raising the G League salaries to low 6 figures a year. That wasn’t the case the last time around. I think the Zions, RJ Barrett’s, Romeo’s will go straight to the NBA. We will see 1 and dones,  it it will not be at the current rate. 

We're not going to see an NBA draft lottery with a majority of high school graduates. We never saw it when they let kids come straight from high school before. Not even close. A handful of players would get drafted from high school every year, but that's it. NBA teams aren't going to use lottery picks on high school kids unless they're someone like Zion. 

The narrative wasn’t the same the last time around and the G-League wasn’t what it is now. Plenty of changes to lure a lot of HS kids and those kids will be lottery picks likely.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

The narrative wasn’t the same the last time around and the G-League wasn’t what it is now. Plenty of changes to lure a lot of HS kids and those kids will be lottery picks likely.

Here’s what the NBA/NCAA should do

Kids can declare for NBA draft out of high school. Get evaluated. Then withdraw and go to into either college or a G League Draft 

Kids who stay in the draft have their eligibility burned are eligible to be signed by G-Teams 

Kids who declare for the G-League draft are allowed to go thru the process and if they are not drafted go to college. If they are selected their eligibility is forfeit. They must spend at least one year in the G-League unlike other players assigned. 

Kids who go to College must play 3 years before they can go into either draft. Still able to return to school if not selected in G-League draft. 

11 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Teams don't use lottery picks on players they have to stash in the g league. They're looking for guys who can contribute immediately. Of the 14 lottery picks in last year's draft, only one has spent time in the g league this year. In the first couple years after they change the rule I'd expect to see a number of teams drafting high schoolers, but once it doesn't work out they'll stop.

If you're a high school senior would you rather play in the G League where you're playing against grown men fighting for their basketball lives, or go to college, be the man for a year, and then become a millionaire? 

Teams don't use lottery picks on players they have to stash in the g league. They're looking for guys who can contribute immediately. Of the 14 lottery picks in last year's draft, only one has spent time in the g league this year. In the first couple years after they change the rule I'd expect to see a number of teams drafting high schoolers, but once it doesn't work out they'll stop.
 If you're a high school senior would you rather play in the G League where you're playing against grown men fighting for their basketball lives, or go to college, be the man for a year, and then become a millionaire? 

That could easily change. Owners and front office people wanted to see a year in college of these guys, they may want to go ahead and get them and stash them. Let them learn within the system and at a higher level with the possibility of some NBA action. Basketball landscape is changing. Teams will start using the GLeague like the MLB uses their minor leagues. Soon enough you’ll see these guys who aren’t quite ready as lottery picks in the GLeague to start with.

Well for the kids getting drafted and going to the GLeague, they already have their NBA contracts likely or the new 2-way contracts. Already making millions or 100k.

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Here’s what the NBA/NCAA should do

Kids can declare for NBA draft out of high school. Get evaluated. Then withdraw and go to into either college or a G League Draft 

Kids who stay in the draft have their eligibility burned are eligible to be signed by G-Teams 

Kids who declare for the G-League draft are allowed to go thru the process and if they are not drafted go to college. If they are selected their eligibility is forfeit. They must spend at least one year in the G-League unlike other players assigned. 

Kids who go to College must play 3 years before they can go into either draft. Still able to return to school if not selected in G-League draft. 

I don’t know why it’s not three years. That’s how it’s done with football and basketball. If a player chooses to go to college, that person has to stay a minimum of three years

I think they are raising the G League salaries to low 6 figures a year. That wasn’t the case the last time around. I think the Zions, RJ Barrett’s, Romeo’s will go straight to the NBA. We will see 1 and dones,  it it will not be at the current rate. 

I think a lot will depend on if the G League can give an opportunity for branding. I doubt they’ll be able to compete with college basketball for awhile. There will be a few that will jump straight to the NBA but the ones that aren’t ready will still play college ball unless they just don’t want to do school for a few months or the G League somehow becomes more intriguing. Shoe companies will play a huge role in this too, weird.

David Jenkins Jr from South Dakota St is entering the mystical transfer portal. Loooooong line for this one. Difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Going to be plenty of options

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I don’t know if it’s been discussed. Duke’s season was a complete disappointment. I know that’s stating the obvious. Not even a Final Four with that team. I’d be irate. No excuse for them to not be in the Final Four

And they SHOULD have lost in the second round and coulda in Sweet 16 too.

Duke 2018-19 =Great talent/average team. I LOVE that pUKe and Dook have become victims of their own narcissistic Mercenary culture. The best part is, I'm not sure how they un-ring that bell even if they wanted to. Is Duke gonna go back to bringing in high-character, scrappy kids that develop over a few years? Ha, Steve Wojochiewski ain't walking through that door. Someone has to take up residence in the mansion Zion's family will vacate. 

Is Kentucky going to stop being the highest bidder for the Rivals 5 stars? Very unlikely and it's delicious! Stew in your own juice you cheating bastards.